Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I must say I do admire the robust Russian attitude to traitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    One assumes that they are very handsomely rewarded for their work?
    Not at all, no.

Learn that almost nobody in this world works for the money, regardless of how much, or indeed how little, they actually make.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They just kill them. Here, we give them Guardian columns or make them senior members of the Labour Party.
    Apparently Boris is now threatening to boycott the World Cup in Russia this summer. Isn't this getting a bit out of hand? Surely old spies knocking each other off is just part and parcel of the business? Been happening for centuries. Perhaps Russia could do it a bit more discreetly. But, no need to go cancelling sporting events. I'm sure Mi6 will respond appropriately when the time is right. It's their job to deal with this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Apparently Boris is now threatening to boycott the World Cup in Russia this summer. Isn't this getting a bit out of hand? Surely old spies knocking each other off is just part and parcel of the business? Been happening for centuries. Perhaps Russia could do it a bit more discreetly. But, no need to go cancelling sporting events. I'm sure Mi6 will respond appropriately when the time is right. It's their job to deal with this sort of thing.
    Hang on, though, jt. According to the Telegraph, the chap’s daughter - who is also at death’s door - is quite fit. You can’t just go around bumping off attractive birds. That’s right out of order imo.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Not sure we do, we make a bit of noise at the time and sort of conveniently forget about it.

There also many better reasons for not going to Russia.......

So Gary "Red Nev" Neville suggests that Boris is out of order for "bringing politics into sport" and threatening to pull us out of the World Cup in Russia.

I always thought it was a shame we missed out on over 20 years text cricket against the fabulous South African sides of the 70s and 80s, just cause we didn't like their apartheid policy. I wonder whether Gary agrees with me?

They just kill them. Here, we give them Guardian columns or make them senior members of the Labour Party.
    Dr David Kelly?

I'm sure threats from Boris Johnson really put the willies up the Russians
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Dr David Kelly?
    So you’re admitting that Blair’s Government has Kelly killed, are you, p?

So you’re admitting that Blair’s Government has Kelly killed, are you, p?
    I am admitting nothing. I was somewhere else at the time

It is quite funny though. What would start life as a wild conspiracy theory if it were about our crown or government becomes almost accepted fact when it is actually about the Russians. Oh, of course the Russians kill people, it is just what they do. THen we tut tut and roll our eyes at those cheeky russians as we did when Scholesy used to put in a two footed tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I am admitting nothing. I was somewhere else at the time

It is quite funny though. What would start life as a wild conspiracy theory if it were about our crown or government becomes almost accepted fact when it is actually about the Russians. Oh, of course the Russians kill people, it is just what they do. THen we tut tut and roll our eyes at those cheeky russians as we did when Scholesy used to put in a two footed tackle.
    Yeah, but they do definitely kill people with relatively gay abandon, though. And so publicly. No sense of decorum.