Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am at the long boring bit of buying a flat

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He owns it for 99 years, doesn't he? I'm not really sure how it works.
    what a great country we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    what a great country we live in.
    Apparently you need some grandchildren p. Perhaps why the solicitor is taking his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    yeah my mortgage payment will be less than half what I pay in rent now.
    Yes, but wait until your boiler/central heating/washing machine/pipes/electricity, etc, etc, etc packs up and you end up having to shell out for the fùcker rather than calling the landlord. Then you won’t be so smug.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, but wait until your boiler/central heating/washing machine/pipes/electricity, etc, etc, etc packs up and you end up having to shell out for the fùcker rather than calling the landlord. Then you won’t be so smug.
    Wait til that happens and you are the landlord and you 800 miles away

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Almost lost out on my flat as my solicitor was dragging her heels. Best advice was exactly as you say - annoy the **** out of them and they'll prioritise you
    Solicitors are usually the sand in the KY Jelly during the house-buying process. This is in no small part because conveyancing is very much the remedial class of solicitoring, so they’re only doing it because they’re shít.

That said, we had a splendid gay Greek last time who was constantly in the ball and got shít done. Even then, the buyers’ solicitor almost fùcked it up by lying about having transferred the funds, buggering off to lunch and then informing us they knocked off at four on a Friday. Cùnts.

Or you could service them and keep them well maintained and you don't have to pay out
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

That's alright I'm ready for that stuff.

You’d prefer someone else to be responsible for your boiler? Is that you, Jeremy?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Or you could service them and keep them well maintained and you don't have to pay out
    Yes because service contracts are free and are in no way designed to generate more revenue overall than call-outs.

British Gas slapped about £70 on top of the ~£200 a year for the second year of a new boiler. Phuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You’d prefer someone else to be responsible for your boiler? Is that you, Jeremy?
    How is the boiler now, btw?