Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This time 20 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Ah, that explains it. Still, we must have been quite good then.
    We were playing some outstanding football but couldnt defend for ****. chucking away that title was so ****ing frustrating. Shades of Keegan's Newcastle about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    We were playing some outstanding football but couldnt defend for ****. chucking away that title was so ****ing frustrating. Shades of Keegan's Newcastle about it.
    Bolton, Allardyce, Andy D'Urso, 2-0 lead, 2 bad tackles injured two players on our right, both goals came down our right

I think. Not that I'm still bitter about it or owt.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Bolton, Allardyce, Andy D'Urso, 2-0 lead, 2 bad tackles injured two players on our right, both goals came down our right

LA, what have you done with WES and how did you get his password?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    LA, what have you done with WES and how did you get his password?
    It might sound unfair, but I am going to say it anyway.... that side should have won more than the two titles in 02 and 04. Even at his peak Wenger's sides had weaknesses. Even with a side as good as that. Our defending dipped a level in the season after both of those title wins. Complacency......

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Keown own goal? 2-2

I don't think I've seen a game swing from being a walk in the park to shítting ourselves in such a short space of time.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Keown own goal? 2-2

I don't think I've seen a game swing from being a walk in the park to shítting ourselves in such a short space of time.
    Yeah ball played in from our right side. If I recall correctly Lauren was at RB and Freddie right midfield. Both went off injured from bad tackles and both goals came from attacks down that side.

But I should reiterate, in no way am I still bitter about it. It certainly isn't a patch on that awful day in Oct of 2004 in Manchester.*

* wait for IUFG to post THAT video again

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Keown own goal? 2-2

Try 4-0 up at Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    Try 4-0 up at Newcastle
    4-2 up against Spurs in injury time, their fans were leaving, their players had given up. We still found a way to draw that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    Try 4-0 up at Newcastle
    A bit unlucky with some decisions that day. A couple of soft pens/free kicks? and Barton provoking our lad then simulating hysterically to get him sent off.

That was the day my washing machine was delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    4-2 up against Spurs in injury time, their fans were leaving, their players had given up. We still found a way to draw that game.
    Thanks, P. I had actually managed to block that one out...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”