Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This time 20 years ago

This time 20 years ago

we were about to go on that winning run that won us a Double

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Indeed. Noticed that Pat Rice was at the Brighton game.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

2018: Arsene is talking about running around without his trousers.

Double should not be capitalised following, as it does in your post, an indefinite article. Of course had you referred to The Double with the definite article, it would be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Double should not be capitalised following, as it does in your post, an indefinite article. Of course had you referred to The Double with the definite article, it would be correct.
    It's an interesting point, h. I'm not sure you're correct, but it's something to ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Your mum's an indefinite article.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fůckers even more.

from 7amkickoff: http://news.arseblog.com/2018/03/rec...y-the-numbers/

• 14 – Cech has failed to save 14 consecutive Premier League penalties at Arsenal, this is the 2nd worst rate just behind Brad Friedel and Craig Gordon who have the record with 15
    • 7 – Arsenal have lost 7 of their last 11 matches since selling Alexis Sanchez to Man U
    • 15 – Arsenal have lost 15 times in all competitions this season, losing just 3 of those matches with Alexis Sanchez in the team
    • 13 – Points Arsenal have taken from their first 15 away games, their worst record since 1989-90 when Beats International’s “Dub be good to me” knocked Sinead O’Connor’s “Nothing compares 2 U” off the number one hit charts in the UK.
    • 11 – Consecutive matches in the Premier League without a clean sheet, the worst run since 2002
    • 1983 – First time Brighton and Hove Albion beat Arsenal since 1983

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    from 7amkickoff: http://news.arseblog.com/2018/03/rec...y-the-numbers/

• 14 – Cech has failed to save 14 consecutive Premier League penalties at Arsenal, this is the 2nd worst rate just behind Brad Friedel and Craig Gordon who have the record with 15
    • 7 – Arsenal have lost 7 of their last 11 matches since selling Alexis Sanchez to Man U
    • 15 – Arsenal have lost 15 times in all competitions this season, losing just 3 of those matches with Alexis Sanchez in the team
    • 13 – Points Arsenal have taken from their first 15 away games, their worst record since 1989-90 when Beats International’s “Dub be good to me” knocked Sinead O’Connor’s “Nothing compares 2 U” off the number one hit charts in the UK.
    • 11 – Consecutive matches in the Premier League without a clean sheet, the worst run since 2002
    • 1983 – First time Brighton and Hove Albion beat Arsenal since 1983
    Odd that we had that poor run in 2002, given how the season ended.

Odd that we had that poor run in 2002, given how the season ended.
    was late 2002... when we didn't win the title
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    was late 2002... when we didn't win the title
    Ah, that explains it. Still, we must have been quite good then.