Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just wait, we'll batter Milan now.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I will never understand why he signed another contract last summer. THis season was always going to be incredibly difficult and it is no surprise how it is turning out.

I can understand why. He has no better offers and got a pay rise.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

I will never understand why he signed another contract last summer. THis season was always going to be incredibly difficult and it is no surprise how it is turning out.
    He's just like anybody else; it's just work. It's not about success or failure, just work.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He's just like anybody else; it's just work. It's not about success or failure, just work.
    He isnt a plumber. He has been earning 6-8 million a year for bloody years. He doesnt need work.

He is currently pissing on his own legacy.

He isnt a plumber. He has been earning 6-8 million a year for bloody years. He doesnt need work.

Work doesn't have to be about the money. My dear old dad is still working at 80 because he has nothing else in his life of sufficient challenge to keep him going, and fears what will happen if he stops. Perhaps if another club was making Arsene an offer there might be an escape route but presumably there are none at this point.

Precisely the same difference. They are both professionals. You or I, as amateurs, would take the first million and then scram; go off and breed cocker spaniels or fix up vintage cars instead. Anyway, do whatever we really wanted to do, a full-time hobby, if you will.

He doesn't work for the money, the money is irrelevant. He works because it's His job. You're right, He doesn't need to work. He works because that is what He does.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Precisely the same difference. They are both professionals. You or I, as amateurs, would take the first million and then scram; go off and breed cocker spaniels or fix up vintage cars instead. Anyway, do whatever we really wanted to do, a full-time hobby, if you will.

He doesn't work for the money, the money is irrelevant. He works because it's His job. You're right, He doesn't need to work. He works because that is what He does.
    Fine. Just go and work somewhere else.

I think you may be under-estimating how stubborn and arrogant the man is, Peter.

It's the only way I can explain the decisions that an otherwise intelligent and knowledgeable man has taken over the past 5-6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I think you may be under-estimating how stubborn and arrogant the man is, Peter.

It's the only way I can explain the decisions that an otherwise intelligent and knowledgeable man has taken over the past 5-6 years.

I don't think he was ever even considering walking away last year. Just hanging on, hoping for that cup final rescue. As soon as he got it. He was straight off to meet Stan and arrange his deal, over the heads of the board.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Being stubborn and arrogant doesn't necessarily prevent you from seeing that it is not in your own interests to stay.

My view is that we’ve seen what happened at United post-Fergie and have learnt lessons about transitioning.

I think he was given a two year deal to manage that transition. We’ve seen phase one complete with a complete overhaul of the back room staff. Let them settle in and learn the club before Arsene goes. That way when a new man / woman comes in as head coach, they’ll be surrounded by people familiar with the running of the club.

Also, curiosly Arsene suggested that his positions would be reviewed at the end of this season. That tells me that the board have a plan to do it this summer, so long as the preferred candidate is available and Sanhelli / Minsilant / Fahmy are all settled in nicely.