Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Just wait, we'll batter Milan now.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I will never understand why he signed another contract last summer. THis season was always going to be incredibly difficult and it is no surprise how it is turning out.
    He's just like anybody else; it's just work. It's not about success or failure, just work.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He's just like anybody else; it's just work. It's not about success or failure, just work.
    He isnt a plumber. He has been earning 6-8 million a year for bloody years. He doesnt need work.

He is currently pissing on his own legacy.

He isnt a plumber. He has been earning 6-8 million a year for bloody years. He doesnt need work.

Work doesn't have to be about the money. My dear old dad is still working at 80 because he has nothing else in his life of sufficient challenge to keep him going, and fears what will happen if he stops. Perhaps if another club was making Arsene an offer there might be an escape route but presumably there are none at this point.

Precisely the same difference. They are both professionals. You or I, as amateurs, would take the first million and then scram; go off and breed cocker spaniels or fix up vintage cars instead. Anyway, do whatever we really wanted to do, a full-time hobby, if you will.

He doesn't work for the money, the money is irrelevant. He works because it's His job. You're right, He doesn't need to work. He works because that is what He does.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Precisely the same difference. They are both professionals. You or I, as amateurs, would take the first million and then scram; go off and breed cocker spaniels or fix up vintage cars instead. Anyway, do whatever we really wanted to do, a full-time hobby, if you will.

He doesn't work for the money, the money is irrelevant. He works because it's His job. You're right, He doesn't need to work. He works because that is what He does.
    Fine. Just go and work somewhere else.

Fine. Just go and work somewhere else.
    It's like Vincent and Neil. Vincent tells him; I'm a cop, you're a robber, but aside from that, I like you, you're a decent chap. I don't want to have to kill you, so why don't you go and rob somewhere else. Neil says, No, I like it here

It's like Vincent and Neil. Vincent tells him; I'm a cop, you're a robber, but aside from that, I like you, you're a decent chap. I don't want to have to kill you, so why don't you go and rob somewhere else. Neil says, No, I like it here
    I really dont see what Motley Crue has to do with this.

I really dont see what Motley Crue has to do with this.
    Christ, I haven't heard of them for a while