Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just wait, we'll batter Milan now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We're going to get gubbed.

Poor Arsene. I expect his successor is already lined up for the summer and he has agreed to hold the fort and take the flak until the end of the season.

We won't batter Milan if we defend like we have been and I think you give the board far too much credit to suggest that they have been planning
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He isnt a plumber. He has been earning 6-8 million a year for bloody years. He doesnt need work.

He is currently pissing on his own legacy.
    Work doesn't have to be about the money. My dear old dad is still working at 80 because he has nothing else in his life of sufficient challenge to keep him going, and fears what will happen if he stops. Perhaps if another club was making Arsene an offer there might be an escape route but presumably there are none at this point.

He isnt a plumber. He has been earning 6-8 million a year for bloody years. He doesnt need work.

He is currently pissing on his own legacy.
    Precisely the same difference. They are both professionals. You or I, as amateurs, would take the first million and then scram; go off and breed cocker spaniels or fix up vintage cars instead. Anyway, do whatever we really wanted to do, a full-time hobby, if you will.

He doesn't work for the money, the money is irrelevant. He works because it's His job. You're right, He doesn't need to work. He works because that is what He does.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Precisely the same difference. They are both professionals. You or I, as amateurs, would take the first million and then scram; go off and breed cocker spaniels or fix up vintage cars instead. Anyway, do whatever we really wanted to do, a full-time hobby, if you will.

He doesn't work for the money, the money is irrelevant. He works because it's His job. You're right, He doesn't need to work. He works because that is what He does.
    Fine. Just go and work somewhere else.

Fine. Just go and work somewhere else.
    It's like Vincent and Neil. Vincent tells him; I'm a cop, you're a robber, but aside from that, I like you, you're a decent chap. I don't want to have to kill you, so why don't you go and rob somewhere else. Neil says, No, I like it here
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's like Vincent and Neil. Vincent tells him; I'm a cop, you're a robber, but aside from that, I like you, you're a decent chap. I don't want to have to kill you, so why don't you go and rob somewhere else. Neil says, No, I like it here
    I really dont see what Motley Crue has to do with this.

So... we have decided to get in the three years of absolute ****e BEFORE we replace him rather than afterwards?

Fair enough. Makes sense I suppose. THe new man. Is going to seriously struggle todo any worse so it does make it slightly easier for him- or her!
    Great transition strategy when you think about it.

Make us shíte. New man (or woman) can only improve upon the state of the team.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I really dont see what Motley Crue has to do with this.
    Christ, I haven't heard of them for a while