Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just wait, we'll batter Milan now.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I will never understand why he signed another contract last summer. THis season was always going to be incredibly difficult and it is no surprise how it is turning out.
    I think you may be under-estimating how stubborn and arrogant the man is, Peter.

It's the only way I can explain the decisions that an otherwise intelligent and knowledgeable man has taken over the past 5-6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    it'll be the winkle fiddling, finger smelling Joachim Loew imo.

No Diego
    Sean Dyche. The budget Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I will never understand why he signed another contract last summer. THis season was always going to be incredibly difficult and it is no surprise how it is turning out.
    My view is that we’ve seen what happened at United post-Fergie and have learnt lessons about transitioning.

I think he was given a two year deal to manage that transition. We’ve seen phase one complete with a complete overhaul of the back room staff. Let them settle in and learn the club before Arsene goes. That way when a new man / woman comes in as head coach, they’ll be surrounded by people familiar with the running of the club.

Also, curiosly Arsene suggested that his positions would be reviewed at the end of this season. That tells me that the board have a plan to do it this summer, so long as the preferred candidate is available and Sanhelli / Minsilant / Fahmy are all settled in nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I think you may be under-estimating how stubborn and arrogant the man is, Peter.

It's the only way I can explain the decisions that an otherwise intelligent and knowledgeable man has taken over the past 5-6 years.

This is your opinion. You are not paid by the club to have an opinion so it’s best you keep it to yourself*

* - Arsene’s words, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It won't be about money, I think, but he may want to test himself a bit? A fresh challenge and a' that.
    Dropping into the prem after all those years away from club management, would certainly count as a challenge. I think he'd get eaten alive. Plus, I don't really like him. A little too similar to AW. If we're going to change, let's do it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Dropping into the prem after all those years away from club management, would certainly count as a challenge. I think he'd get eaten alive. Plus, I don't really like him. A little too similar to AW. If we're going to change, let's do it properly.
    Agree 100%. The Premier League has never been too happy a place for Germans, in any case.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I don't think he was ever even considering walking away last year. Just hanging on, hoping for that cup final rescue. As soon as he got it. He was straight off to meet Stan and arrange his deal, over the heads of the board.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He's just like anybody else; it's just work. It's not about success or failure, just work.
    He isnt a plumber. He has been earning 6-8 million a year for bloody years. He doesnt need work.

He is currently pissing on his own legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    My view is that we’ve seen what happened at United post-Fergie and have learnt lessons about transitioning.

I think he was given a two year deal to manage that transition. We’ve seen phase one complete with a complete overhaul of the back room staff. Let them settle in and learn the club before Arsene goes. That way when a new man / woman comes in as head coach, they’ll be surrounded by people familiar with the running of the club.

Also, curiosly Arsene suggested that his positions would be reviewed at the end of this season. That tells me that the board have a plan to do it this summer, so long as the preferred candidate is available and Sanhelli / Minsilant / Fahmy are all settled in nicely.
    So... we have decided to get in the three years of absolute ****e BEFORE we replace him rather than afterwards?

Fair enough. Makes sense I suppose. THe new man. Is going to seriously struggle todo any worse so it does make it slightly easier for him- or her!

Being stubborn and arrogant doesn't necessarily prevent you from seeing that it is not in your own interests to stay.