Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's beyond tragic now.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, well said. And many of us were pointing out to the servile dimwits (like Monty) at the time that this was true. It was just the first step towards what we are now seeing.

Although I'd be lying if I ever thought it would get this bad. I never thought he'd lose the players but it sort of feels like he has now.
    I think you were probably replying to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I think you were probably replying to someone else.
    Nope, twas you

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Nope, twas you
    To give you an example of how bad things are....I actually thought we missed Ramsey in the second half of the Brighton game. At least he would have run beyond the forward line. Nobody else was even bothering to do that.

You cant have Ozil, theArmenian and Iwobi all shuffling around on the edge of the box. Somebody has to go past the stationary centre forward at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    To give you an example of how bad things are....I actually thought we missed Ramsey in the second half of the Brighton game. At least he would have run beyond the forward line. Nobody else was even bothering to do that.

You cant have Ozil, theArmenian and Iwobi all shuffling around on the edge of the box. Somebody has to go past the stationary centre forward at some point.
    Or someone could ... you know ... pass to the centre forward
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He is generally standing there with his back to goal, quite heavily marked given that he is the only guy in the bloody box.

If the plan is to play the ball of him for a runner then, sorry, but Giroud was great at that. Should have kept him.....

As Aubameyang runs to the right, Iwobi passes to the left and behind him. . .

Fúcking pitiful stuff.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

He is generally standing there with his back to goal, quite heavily marked given that he is the only guy in the bloody box.

If the plan is to play the ball of him for a runner then, sorry, but Giroud was great at that. Should have kept him.....
    He's a striker, supposedly a world class one. His job is to ensure there's no such thing as "quite heavily marked" so far as he is concerned

Perhaps Thierry has been gone so long that all our players have forgotten that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

He's a striker, supposedly a world class one. His job is to ensure there's no such thing as "quite heavily marked" so far as he is concerned

Perhaps Thierry has been gone so long that all our players have forgotten that.
    Once the ball is on the edge of the box and a back 8 are in place it is quite difficult for the centre forward to find any room. He needs runners either side of him to move defenders around, or to run into space he has created.

For example, I was stunned he didnt bring on Bellerin earlier in the second half, after around 60 minutes. We were crying out for something like that andChambers was finding space but not using it properly.

We need to look at a very different type of player in place of Iwobi. Someone who isnt Ozil and who definitely isnt Iwobi.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Is there anyone willing to put the football club ahead of Wenger's pride and just end this?
    They won't pull the trigger now, what's the point? Not like we'll get relegated and we could somehow fluke the EL.

May as well get the right man in place and then do it at the end of the season.

I appreciate this slightly contradicts what I said on Twitter but I'm a bit calmer now.

Once the ball is on the edge of the box and a back 8 are in place it is quite difficult for the centre forward to find any room. He needs runners either side of him to move defenders around, or to run into space he has created.

For example, I was stunned he didnt bring on Bellerin earlier in the second half, after around 60 minutes. We were crying out for something like that andChambers was finding space but not using it properly.

We need to look at a very different type of player in place of Iwobi. Someone who isnt Ozil and who definitely isnt Iwobi.
    Sod Bellerin, to Pluto with Chambers and damn Iwobi and Özil too, imo!