Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's beyond tragic now.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    They won't pull the trigger now, what's the point? Not like we'll get relegated and we could somehow fluke the EL.

May as well get the right man in place and then do it at the end of the season.

I appreciate this slightly contradicts what I said on Twitter but I'm a bit calmer now.
    I just hope that they do the right thing and have actually started planning now... imagine what it would be like if he actually stayed, there would be 59,998 booing and Rich and Nicosia (he had a facebook rant on gooner 1990's thread yesterday) on the other side
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I just hope that they do the right thing and have actually started planning now... imagine what it would be like if he actually stayed, there would be 59,998 booing and Rich and Nicosia (he had a facebook rant on gooner 1990's thread yesterday) on the other side
    Is there anybody, apart from Ty, who actually believes he should stay on?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    It is hard to see our fortunes changing between now and the end of the season. Assuming we limp out of Europa the season is over and the remaining games will just be torture. If that happens, surely they have to get rid of him..... if they dont then we will know for a fact that the owners are not remotely interested in the football side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Is there anybody, apart from Ty, who actually believes he should stay on?
    I will be meeting with a certain ex-AWIMBer on Saturday who, when we last spoke of it a few weeks ago, wanted AW to stay.

Clue: We and our respective sweethearts will be going to an exhibition at the Tate Modern.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I will be meeting with a certain ex-AWIMBer on Saturday who, when we last spoke of it a few weeks ago, wanted AW to stay.

Clue: We and our respective sweethearts will be going to an exhibition at the Tate Modern.
    How is Ian nowadays? Still an appalling hypocrite who spends his time on the internet virtue signaling when he isn't cheating on his wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is hard to see our fortunes changing between now and the end of the season. Assuming we limp out of Europa the season is over and the remaining games will just be torture. If that happens, surely they have to get rid of him..... if they dont then we will know for a fact that the owners are not remotely interested in the football side of things.
    I expect to *crash* out rather than ~limp~ out of the Europa. And the remaining games won't be torture. Torture is at least stimulating in some ways. Irrelevant, dull, tedious and pointless might be a closer description imo.

I expect to *crash* out rather than ~limp~ out of the Europa. And the remaining games won't be torture. Torture is at least stimulating in some ways. Irrelevant, dull, tedious and pointless might be a closer description imo.
    Our last visit to Milan was probably the angriest I have ever been with an Arsenal performance. It was an absolute disgrace.

Not compared with recent stuff, admittedly, but at the time....

Irrelevant, dull, tedious and pointless might be a closer description imo.
    It'll be like 1983-1984 all over again.

But without the manager being sacked.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Part of the problem is Wenger’s fitness, mental strength and trial & error approach has run its course.

Fitness wise nutritionists are ten a penny and these days you can get supplements that are basically borderline steroids.

Meanwhile society has moved on and breeding more and more entitled privaliged instagram types who think they’ve made after a few games in the first team and refuse to accept the whole philosophy that saw the likes of Vieira, Parlour, Petit, Gilberto, Bergkamp, Pires, Freddy, Henry etc etc successful.

Bellerin, Iwobi, Ox, Ozil and Ramsey being classic examples of this.

Everything needs to be handed to them on plate when they should be reach out and take the opportunity that’s come their way.

Really hope we get Simeone so he can kick the cr•p out of this lot.

They move let Wenger down after he showed so much faith in them so deserve a brutal taskmaster like Simeone now imo

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Our last visit to Milan was probably the angriest I have ever been with an Arsenal performance. It was an absolute disgrace.

Not compared with recent stuff, admittedly, but at the time....
    Not really helped by Milan digging up both flanks. Tbh, I was angrier about that
    Last edited by PSRB; 03-05-2018 at 04:53 PM.