Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's beyond tragic now.

It's beyond tragic now.

Is there anyone willing to put the football club ahead of Wenger's pride and just end this?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Is there anyone willing to put the football club ahead of Wenger's pride and just end this?
    Yes, plenty of people. Just not the ones who are in charge of the club.

Whatever pride he had is slowly drowning in a sea of shyte.
    All so predictable and avoidable. Not sure Wenger is totally at fault. A more focused board would have seen the real lack of progress several seasons back. Cups, while a nice bonus, are no benchmark of a teams performance.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    WCups, while a nice bonus, are no benchmark of a teams performance.
    I said this the other day. When we were a safe top four club and winning no cups people were complaining about the lack of cups. Then we got some cups and now people are saying they are worthless. What really matters is the top four spot that was never ok when we were getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I said this the other day. When we were a safe top four club and winning no cups people were complaining about the lack of cups. Then we got some cups and now people are saying they are worthless. What really matters is the top four spot that was never ok when we were getting it.
    I think it was the feeling that finishing top 4 was the aim, not actually trying to win the league or challenge for it is unacceptable for a club of our size and standing
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Nobody ever said top four wasnt important. Of course it was, and it was an achievement during the skint days. THe issue was that people felt we were capable of doing better but that the club wasnt fussed- that fourth was all they cared about.

This is where the rot set in, the point at which our performance on the pitch was geared almost solely towards our needs off it. We didnt NEED to win the league, we needed to finish fourth and everyone was happy and relieved every time we did. Once we had more money I am afraid the rot was still there, the environment where ok was good enough proved too hard to shift. All it was ever going to. Take was clubs like Liverpool and Spurs getting their act together. For a good few years we scraped by because one or both of them were **** and then United went ****, Chelsea went**** for a season etc etc.

Once they all came good we got dumped into fifth with a points total better than many in previous years that had proved good enough for third or even second. We have resolutely stood still for so long

If it's the same folk saying it, perhaps the idea is that the two needn't be mutually exclusive for a club like ours.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

merely 'challenging' apparently, not tragic.

In other news, the profit has doubled and cash reserves have grown. wd The Arsenal imo

https://www.arsenal.com/sites/defaul...30-11-2017.pdf

6 mnth statement
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    merely 'challenging' apparently, not tragic.

In other news, the profit has doubled and cash reserves have grown. wd The Arsenal imo

https://www.arsenal.com/sites/defaul...30-11-2017.pdf

6 mnth statement

So we can continue to stay in profit in the Europa League as long as we dont spend any money on players.

Cool

Yes, well said. And many of us were pointing out to the servile dimwits (like Monty) at the time that this was true. It was just the first step towards what we are now seeing.

Although I'd be lying if I ever thought it would get this bad. I never thought he'd lose the players but it sort of feels like he has now.