Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Latest general election voting intentions poll

Latest general election voting intentions poll

LAB: 42% (-)
    CON: 41% (+1)
    LDEM: 7% (-1)
    UKIP: 3% (-1)
    GRN: 2% (-)

We have a population of, what, 60 million? 45 million eligible to vote? So there are approximately 19 million people in this country prepared to vote for a government of Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell?

I just can't get my head around it. It's like mass hypnosis, or something. I suppose it's like when I used to wonder how it came to pass that Hitler was voted into power - things which appear utterly mental can actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    LAB: 42% (-)
    CON: 41% (+1)
    LDEM: 7% (-1)
    UKIP: 3% (-1)
    GRN: 2% (-)

We have a population of, what, 60 million? 45 million eligible to vote? So there are approximately 19 million people in this country prepared to vote for a government of Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell?

I just can't get my head around it. It's like mass hypnosis, or something. I suppose it's like when I used to wonder how it came to pass that Hitler was voted into power - things which appear utterly mental can actually happen.
    Oh stop trembling you big Jesse. Berni has made it quite clear that this cannot be and his grasp of the vagaries of voting patterns border on prescience as you well no.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Oh stop trembling you big Jesse. Berni has made it quite clear that this cannot be and his grasp of the vagaries of voting patterns border on prescience as you well no.
    You realise that he has no appreciation of the safari suit?

I shall listen to him know more.

How frightful. What else can one wear when swanning around one's estates in Africa

slaughtering endangered species?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    slaughtering endangered species?
    Au contraire. One supports the governments of those countries, for example Zambia, who have an enlightened attitude to the hunting of wild animals, inasmuch as they send patrols into game reserves tasked with shooting poachers. That's the kind of hunting I am fully behind.

Very good, C.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."