Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oi, redg. Hound expertise required.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm not sure he was suggesting censorship, m. It was much more sinister than that.
    He is overplaying his hand to a remarkable degree at the moment. I actually hope there is a general election. I suspect Labour would be crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Much better.

Right then: For a start, they're greyhounds; practically useless for live coursing, in any case, as they've no stamina and turn like oil tankers, as you can see.

The scene is actually a disgrace from start to finish as people are essentially "open" coursing in an enclosed field. Not cricket at all as the whole point is that the prey must always have home advantage, to straighten the odds. They probably brought that poor, wee mite with them, so it's more like baiting than coursing.

And anyway, that's a rabbit, not a hare. Fairplay to him.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

He is overplaying his hand to a remarkable degree at the moment. I actually hope there is a general election. I suspect Labour would be crushed.
    That's what you said the last time, you maniac, and we very nearly got fúcked beyond all human recognition.

I'm scared. They've got social media. They've got the young and the stupid. They've got postal vote fraud. They've got student vote fraud.

We could be in trouble.

Treachery is what he does, a. He’s mad for it.
    I don't find his position entirely lacking in credibility. From what I've learned about the various options, membership of EFTA (i.e. a variation of the Norway model that includes single market membership) would be a perfectly palatable outcome even to Leavers.

Not yet he isn't. He's still committing to leaving the EU and, crucially, ending FoM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Blame those shíte wildlife progammes by ****s like Attenborough that layer emotive, heart string-tugging music over scenes of wild animals doing their thing.

These shows are supposed to somehow educate us, but they are basically just soap operas designed to appeal to our base, crude emotions.
    WB Yeats has it right, m.

‘Not dread, nor hope attends a dying animal.
    Man awaits his end, dreading and hoping all’

It’s a distinction that lies at the heart both of human misery and our absurd attitudes to animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's what you said the last time, you maniac, and we very nearly got fúcked beyond all human recognition.

I'm scared. They've got social media. They've got the young and the stupid. They've got postal vote fraud. They've got student vote fraud.

We could be in trouble.
    It's not the young we have to worry about. It's the 30s to 50s where Labour have made meaningful ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I don't find his position entirely lacking in credibility. From what I've learned about the various options, membership of EFTA (i.e. a variation of the Norway model that includes single market membership) would be a perfectly palatable outcome even to Leavers.
    Norway has to accept FOM, m. BIG problem.

No, it doesn't. That's the myth.

Unlike Sweden, which accepts FGM. Amirite?