Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decent of City to take their foot off the gas and go easy on us, I thought

Decent of City to take their foot off the gas and go easy on us, I thought

Mind you, I did find myself half-hoping when they went 3 up that they’d stick 7 or 8 past us and that it might force Wenger out.

But then I remembered that he has no shame or honour and would have stubbornly clung on anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Mind you, I did find myself half-hoping when they went 3 up that they’d stick 7 or 8 past us and that it might force Wenger out.

But then I remembered that he has no shame or honour and would have stubbornly clung on anyway.
    Oh dear. Not you too, with the intemperate language?

Language matters, old chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh dear. Not you too, with the intemperate language?

Language matters, old chap.
    I was going to call him a prick, too, but thought better of it. Restrained of me, I thought.

I was going to call him a prick, too, but thought better of it. Restrained of me, I thought.
    Does somebody need a nap? Hmm?

One might concede that he is clearly thick-skinned, if that is what you mean by lacking shame, but which manager of a football club isn't capable of shrugging off abuse?

As for dishonourable: no. Simply, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Does somebody need a nap? Hmm?

One might concede that he is clearly thick-skinned, if that is what you mean by lacking shame, but which manager of a football club isn't capable of shrugging off abuse?

As for dishonourable: no. Simply, no.
    An honourable man would have shouldered the blame for his ongoing failure and fallen on his sword. Instead he clings on grimly, blaming his players, the referees - anything but the systemic failure of his own management.

To quote dear old Oliver C: “You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!“

An honourable man would have shouldered the blame for his ongoing failure and fallen on his sword. Instead he clings on grimly, blaming his players, the referees - anything but the systemic failure of his own management.

To quote dear old Oliver C: “You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!“
    I'm not sure. It's been obvious for some time that His job is to manage the football club, rather than to manage mere football results. And, therefore, He's doing a fine job so there's no reason for Him to leave. Or be pushed out.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Have you been watching too many Martin Scorsese films lately? Joe Pesci?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I'm not sure. It's been obvious for some time that His job is to manage the football club, rather than to manage mere football results. And, therefore, He's doing a fine job so there's no reason for Him to leave. Or be pushed out.
    I fail to see how the ongoing and relentless devaluation of the Arsenal brand constitutes ‘doing a fine job’ in anything but a hopelessly short-term sense, to be honest. The brand ultimately rests on mere football results. Without them, it enters terminal decline.

I fail to see how the ongoing and relentless devaluation of the Arsenal brand constitutes ‘doing a fine job’ in anything but a hopelessly short-term sense, to be honest. The brand ultimately rests on mere football results. Without them, it enters terminal decline.
    I'd argue we're more popular, talked about, than ever. Even last night's game was probably a "sell-out".

The brand is worth a billion quid, or so, nowadays, isn't it. That is not going to be threatened by the fact that we failed to win the league cup.

And all that is because of Arsene Wenger.

How bad was the performance last night, Burney? My only link to the game is Arsenal Fans TV and, as you know, apart from its comical value there isn't much actual insight.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman