Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I’m currently sat in the George IV in Great Amwell. It sits just above the monument

I’m currently sat in the George IV in Great Amwell. It sits just above the monument

to Hugh Myddleton on an island in the New River.

It’s all very picturesque and the Churchyard opposite contains an original pillory, as well as the grave of Harold Abrahams out of Chariots of Fire. But here’s what troubles me: his gravestone has pebbles piled up on it like what Jews do, which begs the question: what the fúck is a Jew doing in a C of E graveyard?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    to Hugh Myddleton on an island in the New River.

It’s all very picturesque and the Churchyard opposite contains an original pillory, as well as the grave of Harold Abrahams out of Chariots of Fire. But here’s what troubles me: his gravestone has pebbles piled up on it like what Jews do, which begs the question: what the fúck is a Jew doing in a C of E graveyard?
    Good old Hugh Myddleton. It's not new, and it's not a river, but I like it, as it is very much a part of Islington history.

I don't care about your problem with Jews though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Good old Hugh Myddleton. It's not new, and it's not a river, but I like it, as it is very much a part of Islington history.

I don’t have a problem with Jews, a. Well, not so’s you’d notice, anyway. I just don’t understand what ones doing in a Christian graveyard and demand an explanation.

I mean it’s only a C of E graveyard, anyway. Not like it’s a proper Christian graveyard, so my interest is strictly academic.

Abrahams converted to Catholicism in 1934
    This is according to the jewornotjew.com website
    Their verdict : Borderline Jew
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

By the way, a, I don’t know if your perambulations have ever brought you this far, but you’d love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Abrahams converted to Catholicism in 1934
    This is according to the jewornotjew.com website
    Their verdict : Borderline Jew
    Well that’s confused me even more, s. What’s a fùcking Catholic Jew doing in a C of E graveyard?

Well that’s confused me even more, s. What’s a fùcking Catholic Jew doing in a C of E graveyard?
    Wasn't thon Abrahams chap best mates with (Old Elthamian) Eric Liddell? Eric was a missionary. Perhaps he converted him?

The C of E is an open religion, why don't discriminate like your dodgy one....... tbh, I don't care as God doesn't exist
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Maybe Abrahams failed to maintain his monthly Judaism payments and he was out on a limb
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Wasn't thon Abrahams chap best mates with (Old Elthamian) Eric Liddell? Eric was a missionary. Perhaps he converted him?
    Did Liddell go to your place? I thought he was a dirty Jock?

Anyway, he was a filthy prod, so he clearly didn’t bring Harold to Mother Church.