Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PhilosophyWIMB: How omnipotent is your deity?

PhilosophyWIMB: How omnipotent is your deity?

Never mind counting the grains of sand in a desert, or trivial stuff like that. Can He empirically verify that every snow crystal is different, as per the theory? Much harder job that one.

I have a feeling this will get as many comments as my post about snooker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Never mind counting the grains of sand in a desert, or trivial stuff like that. Can He empirically verify that every snow crystal is different, as per the theory? Much harder job that one.

Yes, yes He can. However, and here's the important point, He chooses not to. Why? Because He moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform.

I flirted with atheism for a bit a couple of years ago, but I kept getting troubled with plagues of frogs, boils and general pestilence, so I took that to be a message and went back to believing.

So that's why I didn't get any snow. Because you spent two years basically

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, yes He can. However, and here's the important point, He chooses not to. Why? Because He moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform.

I flirted with atheism for a bit a couple of years ago, but I kept getting troubled with plagues of frogs, boils and general pestilence, so I took that to be a message and went back to believing.
    bantering God off.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    bantering God off.
    You should get some today and there's every possibility that tomorrow and Friday will give us apocalyptic snow. Oh yes.

You should get some today and there's every possibility that tomorrow and Friday will give us apocalyptic snow. Oh yes.
    As usual we'll get a few flakes

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    As usual we'll get a few flakes
    Other side of the hills and we have got a few inches here (pfnar pfnarr), and bucketing down. Delayed me getting inmto work by a whole 20 mins
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

But it means comparing every single snow crystal in the history of time and space with every other crystal. That's a lot of computational power, man. Something with that much zing should have worked out a way for his favoured beings to export their depleted energy-and-nutrition source matter without leaving dingleberries around their bumhole.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Other side of the hills and we have got a few inches here (pfnar pfnarr), and bucketing down. Delayed me getting inmto work by a whole 20 mins
    No snow and my train was still stuck outside the city for 50 minutes this morning

But it means comparing every single snow crystal in the history of time and space with every other crystal. That's a lot of computational power, man. Something with that much zing should have worked out a way for his favoured beings to export their depleted energy-and-nutrition source matter without leaving dingleberries around their bumhole.
    He gave us free will, a. It is our choice whether to suffer with tuggets.

A diet rich in fibre could be your friend here.

I think the point is that any sensible deity doesn't bother with things like snow and sand. My deity operates in a different paradigm altogether, that's how you reconcile it, you see.