Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We're nowhere near 1980s levels of banter though, are we?

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Matthews, Hawley, Ure, Wood, Rostron, Gould. Not to mention more recent players like Selley, McGoldrick, Carter, Helder....
    Bit unfair on old 'steady' Eddie there.

Steven Hughes played under Wenger. Remi Garde. Imamoto. Park (come on, for ****s sake!).

Stepanovs was no Bobby Moore. Fabian Caballero (came on as a sub, missed a sitter, chinned someone).

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Steven Hughes played under Wenger. Remi Garde. Imamoto. Park (come on, for ****s sake!).

Stepanovs was no Bobby Moore. Fabian Caballero (came on as a sub, missed a sitter, chinned someone).
    Remi Garde was a very decent addition to the squad and played his part. Many of us thought Hughes was a future star.

Nobody can say any of these things about Carter, Hillier and Selley. Notable that Wenger's apparent major failings are some time ago.

I forgot Francis Jeffers. Nelson Vivas was ****ing useless.

Remi Garde was a very decent addition to the squad and played his part. Many of us thought Hughes was a future star.

Nobody can say any of these things about Carter, Hillier and Selley. Notable that Wenger's apparent major failings are some time ago.
    Park! (Presumably the only place he was going to get a game....)

I forgot Francis Jeffers. Nelson Vivas was ****ing useless.
    We were definitely excited to sign the fox in the box, he just didn't work out. Vivas, again did a reasonable job, bit of a thug, but far from the levels of Lydersen for example. Yes of course the far post goal against Leeds in 99 will always hang over him. The OP was right, things are not good right now, but you don't have to go back far to find far worse players in an Arsenal shirt. As for Park, he was a marketing exercise.

We were definitely excited to sign the fox in the box, he just didn't work out. Vivas, again did a reasonable job, bit of a thug, but far from the levels of Lydersen for example. Yes of course the far post goal against Leeds in 99 will always hang over him. The OP was right, things are not good right now, but you don't have to go back far to find far worse players in an Arsenal shirt. As for Park, he was a marketing exercise.
    A marketing exercise??!

I am not really criticising Arsene. Gambling on unknowns has always been a part of who he is and sometimes it has yielded awful footballers, even when we were great.

Yaya Sanogo- a ****ing postman.

Yaya Sanogo- a ****ing postman.
    He's banging* them in for Toulouse now, p

* 2 in 18 appearances : prolific:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I did for one.

And I am known for my scouting abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I did for one.

And I am known for my scouting abilities.
    Not on this occasion though, as he turned out to be ****e.