Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We're nowhere near 1980s levels of banter though, are we?

We're nowhere near 1980s levels of banter though, are we?

Come back to me when your squad includes quality like John Hawley, Raphael Meade, Lee Chapman and Brian McDermott.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Come back to me when your squad includes quality like John Hawley, Raphael Meade, Lee Chapman and Brian McDermott.
    Over the years, Wenger has fielded players who would rank alongside the worst ever to play for the club. It isnt really a problem if other players are great.

Rami Shaban is one of the worst goalkeepers I have ever seen. Andre Santos. THat Greek centre back, Tavliridis? Various other cheap crap he picked up along the way.

I have fed your statement into my Relevance-ometer and it has been rejected.

We are now one of the richest clubs in the world and the way of the world dictates that the customers of the club expect goods and services in line with this.

If your tailor charged you £500 or whatever for a suit and gave you a polyester thing in return you would stamp your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have fed your statement into my Relevance-ometer and it has been rejected.

We are now one of the richest clubs in the world and the way of the world dictates that the customers of the club expect goods and services in line with this.

If your tailor charged you £500 or whatever for a suit and gave you a polyester thing in return you would stamp your feet.
    If my tailor charged me £500 for a suit I would have the chap sectioned.

How much does a suit cost?

I ask this in genuine circumstance as I am sure you know I have never been in this scenario. An ordinary suit now, don't be a silly bóllocks.

Mohair, 3 button, side vents, five inches long.

Quite right too. You can get a suit for 40 quid in Primark.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    How much does a suit cost?

I ask this in genuine circumstance as I am sure you know I have never been in this scenario. An ordinary suit now, don't be a silly bóllocks.

Mohair, 3 button, side vents, five inches long.
    Depending on the material, between £1,300 and £2,000; however, it should be noted that my chap is considered extremely good value by Savile Row standards and if you go to one of the old Savile Row names like Anderson and Shepherd or Huntsman, you will pay considerably more.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Over the years, Wenger has fielded players who would rank alongside the worst ever to play for the club.
    I'm sorry son, you really have no idea. I assume because you have youth on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I'm sorry son, you really have no idea. I assume because you have youth on your side.
    Give me some names from before Gus Caesar and I will tell you if I am old enough to remember them.

Matthews, Hawley, Ure, Wood, Rostron, Gould. Not to mention more recent players like Selley, McGoldrick, Carter, Helder....