Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: We're nowhere near 1980s levels of banter though, are we?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have fed your statement into my Relevance-ometer and it has been rejected.

We are now one of the richest clubs in the world and the way of the world dictates that the customers of the club expect goods and services in line with this.

If your tailor charged you £500 or whatever for a suit and gave you a polyester thing in return you would stamp your feet.
    If my tailor charged me £500 for a suit I would have the chap sectioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    How much does a suit cost?

I ask this in genuine circumstance as I am sure you know I have never been in this scenario. An ordinary suit now, don't be a silly bóllocks.

Mohair, 3 button, side vents, five inches long.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    How much does a suit cost?

I ask this in genuine circumstance as I am sure you know I have never been in this scenario. An ordinary suit now, don't be a silly bóllocks.

Mohair, 3 button, side vents, five inches long.
    Depending on the material, between £1,300 and £2,000; however, it should be noted that my chap is considered extremely good value by Savile Row standards and if you go to one of the old Savile Row names like Anderson and Shepherd or Huntsman, you will pay considerably more.

Depending on the material, between £1,300 and £2,000; however, it should be noted that my chap is considered extremely good value by Savile Row standards and if you go to one of the old Savile Row names like Anderson and Shepherd or Huntsman, you will pay considerably more.
    Do you buy your shoes from John Lobb? Around £2,200 and a six-month wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No. I always fancied having a pair of boots built by Lobb, but never got around to it. My days of such indulgences are over now that I am saving hard for retirement.

Your mum is around £2,200 and a six-month wait.

Sorry. Whilst I do know you don't go in for this sort of thing, I just couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Sorry. Whilst I do know you don't go in for this sort of thing, I just couldn't resist
    Thank-you. It was deftly controlled and finished all the same.

Much like your mum.

Quite right too. You can get a suit for 40 quid in Primark.