Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We're nowhere near 1980s levels of banter though, are we?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I did for one.
    He scored the other goal of the game when Dennis did this...

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    He scored the other goal of the game when Dennis did this...

He was actually rather good, Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He was actually rather good, Dennis.
    Watching the current team versus that lot from the late nineties makes you want to pull your eyes out...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Not on this occasion though, as he turned out to be ****e.
    He was a very talented kid who perhaps thought he had made it too soon, and suffered the pitfalls of same.

He was not the first nor will he be the last. Bentley for instance a very obvious one. We have a new shiny star almost every summer, a Jeff or a Zelalem, young kids that adults who frankly should know better get excited about. Most fall by the wayside.

I recall reading a story about Hughes when he went to Fulham, perhaps on loan, and was horrified to find that his training gear was not duly collected on day 1 and washed/laundered/returned in pristine condition for day 2. Now I expect journalistic licence played a part here as no footballer at that level washes their own gear but it was used to illustrate the gaping difference between the pampered surroundings of AFC and lesser clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Watching the current team versus that lot from the late nineties makes you want to pull your eyes out...
    Who do you think would win?

Yaya Sanogo- a ****ing postman.
    Aaron Ramsey

This argument need go no further.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Depending on the material, between £1,300 and £2,000; however, it should be noted that my chap is considered extremely good value by Savile Row standards and if you go to one of the old Savile Row names like Anderson and Shepherd or Huntsman, you will pay considerably more.
    Do you buy your shoes from John Lobb? Around £2,200 and a six-month wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No. I always fancied having a pair of boots built by Lobb, but never got around to it. My days of such indulgences are over now that I am saving hard for retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Matthews, Hawley, Ure, Wood, Rostron, Gould. Not to mention more recent players like Selley, McGoldrick, Carter, Helder....
    Jeff Brockley cost us the 1973 Cup semi-final and denied us revenge against Dirty Leeds. Useless ****er

Your mum is around £2,200 and a six-month wait.

Sorry. Whilst I do know you don't go in for this sort of thing, I just couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."