Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Wenger rumours are because Wrighty was talking this morning about Wenger's

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    He's always honoured his contracts, bgs.

He won't get sacked.

One more year. etc.

We'll miss out on our man, Diego and possibly Joachim Löw

We is fúcking doomed, I tell yer.

Even if he does get binned I can see him sat in his car on Bell Lane or in the Little Wonder Cafe on a Saturday
    I imagine him still turning up at games after he's left. Sitting there glaring at the new manager, and giving the new players disapproving looks. He'll probably buy my seats (near the home dugout) off the ticket exchange, and go there just to shout at the 4th official.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    I imagine him still turning up at games after he's left. Sitting there glaring at the new manager, and giving the new players disapproving looks. He'll probably buy my seats (near the home dugout) off the ticket exchange, and go there just to shout at the 4th official.
    To be fair, if He wants to do that, He deserves it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He survived the 8-2; He can survive anything.
    Indeed. My old dad always brings that up. It's been his favourite 'Wenger bashing stick' for years. Although, recently he's started to mention the Bayern defeats. 'He lost 10-2 and still got a new contract?'. It's good that he can still remember these things at his age (86) though. I couldn't even recall our recent defeat at Spurs.

Fingers crossed. I won't be fully convinced until the new man is sat in the dugout. We heard rumours that Gazidis and the board wanted a change last year. Apparently Wenger just went direct to Kronke. The new backroom appointments do offer some hope. But, those are changes that should've been taking place back in 2014 or before. The fact that it took so long just to make some structural changes around Wenger is ridiculous. It says an awful lot about how entrenched he is within the club. Even with the results this season, it'll still take an almighty heave-ho to actually get him out the door. If it was really about results, then he probably should've been sacked a couple of times this season already.
    The staffing changes are perhaps not a good thing. We know that Wenger likes to have total control of everything. Since that has started to change, results have gone downhill. When we were finishing 4th we were, at a minimum, meeting expectations. Now we're way below them.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    To be fair, if He wants to do that, He deserves it.
    I always felt a bit sorry for David Moyes at Man Utd. Ferguson said he was stepping back and going travelling with his wife etc... Within three weeks he was sat at every game. Home and away. Glaring down and looking rather cross. No pressure David.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The staffing changes are perhaps not a good thing. We know that Wenger likes to have total control of everything. Since that has started to change, results have gone downhill. When we were finishing 4th we were, at a minimum, meeting expectations. Now we're way below them.
    Ideally the new staff/structure need to be in place before the new manager comes in though. So that there isn't that vacuum we saw at Utd when Ferguson, his staff and the cheif exec all left at once. All the changes at Arsenal dropping during the season like this, probably has caused some disruption. But it needed doing. The club had to restructure for the long term. Had Arsene been more open and receptive to changes. They could've been done much earlier and much more gradually.

I always felt a bit sorry for David Moyes at Man Utd. Ferguson said he was stepping back and going travelling with his wife etc... Within three weeks he was sat at every game. Home and away. Glaring down and looking rather cross. No pressure David.
    Yeah, fair point. But you have to expect a measure of that at a big club; part of the job.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."