Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Wenger rumours are because Wrighty was talking this morning about Wenger's

The Wenger rumours are because Wrighty was talking this morning about Wenger's

replacement and it seemed to anyone just turning on as if it was the end of a piece in which his [Wenger's] departure had been announced - I certainly thought so and I rushed to my 'puter in hope - disappointment as bad as the lack of snow that had been promised by the swivel eyed flying lunatic Sir C!

Some of the players are on Easy Street - some of 'em own houses on Easy Street and rent them out

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    replacement and it seemed to anyone just turning on as if it was the end of a piece in which his [Wenger's] departure had been announced - I certainly thought so and I rushed to my 'puter in hope - disappointment as bad as the lack of snow that had been promised by the swivel eyed flying lunatic Sir C!

Yep. I'm afraid it's just more media BS. There is talk of a big review for Arsene in May. A review conducted by the same people who gave him a new contract after last season. Hardly cause for optimism.

Ah, Cheers, H. That explains it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Yep. I'm afraid it's just more media BS. There is talk of a big review for Arsene in May. A review conducted by the same people who gave him a new contract after last season. Hardly cause for optimism.
    Disagree. By all accounts Gazidis wanted him out last summer and he has been slowly taking away Wenger’s power/influence ever since with the back room appointments. I think he’ll be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Disagree. By all accounts Gazidis wanted him out last summer and he has been slowly taking away Wenger’s power/influence ever since with the back room appointments. I think he’ll be gone.
    Come on Goats,. We need a bit more than the old "by all accounts". Sauce!

Come on Goats,. We need a bit more than the old "by all accounts". Sauce!
    That’s how the press were reporting it. Gazidis and other board members wanted a change but Kroenke had the final say. I think it was a lot harder to sack him finishing a point off 4th and having just won the cup than it will be this summer. We will finish 6th, miles off and without a trophy.

That’s how the press were reporting it. Gazidis and other board members wanted a change but Kroenke had the final say. I think it was a lot harder to sack him finishing a point off 4th and having just won the cup than it will be this summer. We will finish 6th, miles off and without a trophy.
    Let's hope so. The next manager will be accepting a poisoned chalice though for sure. Wrighty knows this too which is why he doesn't want TH14 getting the job. It will take at least three seasons to expunge Wenger's DNA from the club so at least two managers will fail miserably before we can pick up again.

Fingers crossed. I won't be fully convinced until the new man is sat in the dugout. We heard rumours that Gazidis and the board wanted a change last year. Apparently Wenger just went direct to Kronke. The new backroom appointments do offer some hope. But, those are changes that should've been taking place back in 2014 or before. The fact that it took so long just to make some structural changes around Wenger is ridiculous. It says an awful lot about how entrenched he is within the club. Even with the results this season, it'll still take an almighty heave-ho to actually get him out the door. If it was really about results, then he probably should've been sacked a couple of times this season already.
    Last edited by Just Trent; 02-27-2018 at 10:33 AM.

He's always honoured his contracts, bgs.

He won't get sacked.

One more year. etc.

We'll miss out on our man, Diego and possibly Joachim Löw

We is fúcking doomed, I tell yer.

Even if he does get binned I can see him sat in his car on Bell Lane or in the Little Wonder Cafe on a Saturday
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    If it was really about results, then he probably should've been sacked a couple of times this season already.
    He survived the 8-2; He can survive anything.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."