Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Rumours building that AW is out.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    More because He's French, I think. After all, some of my best friends are white.
    I expect we all look the same to you

Nobody believes that sh1te, SW. Unless you're leaving that fateful meeting carrying the European Cup under your arm.
    I would be grateful if you remember who you are addressing pal.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I would be grateful if you remember who you are addressing pal.
    Apologies. Got a bit excited there.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Apologies. Got a bit excited there.
    You and I both know that nobody would really buy the story but ultimately he would not break his contract which he always loves to remind us about. He won’t be technically sacked so that is the best the old man can salvage from the current mess. Forget this nonsense about winning the EL and getting back into the big one, that is not happening.

What’s the alternative, keep him through next season and watch as the media steam into him and the club on the back of every bad result. Gary Neville taunting the players, Thierry Henry putting his hand up to take his job and each day another ex-player queuing up to have a pop.

Just makes no sense for either party.

We are now simply reaping the result of a very poor management decision last summer. The Emirates could be an unpleasant place to be if City hand us our arse on Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Brendan Rogers would do for me.

Would be interested in listening to Sam Allardyce’s take - a speculative call / interview at the very least.

Not interested in any newbies or country managers.

Not your typical job because the majority of the team are happy to be sh’t and stay in their comfort zones.

Anyone thinking they’re just going to role in and change everything overnight is in for a very rude awakening imo

They need to be reconditioned from their years of Wenger logic imo

Brenton

I'd rather keep Wenger
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You and I both know that nobody would really buy the story but ultimately he would not break his contract which he always loves to remind us about. He won’t be technically sacked so that is the best the old man can salvage from the current mess. Forget this nonsense about winning the EL and getting back into the big one, that is not happening.

What’s the alternative, keep him through next season and watch as the media steam into him and the club on the back of every bad result. Gary Neville taunting the players, Thierry Henry putting his hand up to take his job and each day another ex-player queuing up to have a pop.

Just makes no sense for either party.

We are now simply reaping the result of a very poor management decision last summer. The Emirates could be an unpleasant place to be if City hand us our arse on Thursday night.
    ‘If’? Never took you for the hopeless optimist type, sw. We will get dicked by City on Thursday for the simple reason that we are dogshít and they are not.

In Wenger’s case, of course, decent chap would have done the decent thing and resigned by now. But what can one expect if one hires foreigners, I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    ‘If’? Never took you for the hopeless optimist type, sw. We will get dicked by City on Thursday for the simple reason that we are dogshít and they are not.

In Wenger’s case, of course, decent chap would have done the decent thing and resigned by now. But what can one expect if one hires foreigners, I suppose?
    Match might yet be called off B.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    We lost a game to the financially doped Man City, ffs. Everyone loses to them. This is a knee jerk reaction. Let him and Sven Munsilant build something over the summer and see how we get on next season. No point making snappy decisions.

I like the cut of your jib!
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    We are a football team, not a cash making cow for the owners... and seeing as we have broken our tfr record twice in the last 8 months we probable aren't making money like we used to
    Unfortunately, that seems to be for the owners to decide

Listen, P. I agree with all that. I've always been sort of #WengerOut; I simply never liked the bloke , although I respect Him enormously.

Thing is, the things you're saying there are what people have actually defended Him with for ages. So, what's changed? And why now?

2014 was the right time to leave. We won the cup, the trophy "drought" was over and in his heart of hearts, Wenger probably knew he was not going to win the league. His reputation was in tact and he could have gone to most clubs.

Fast forward almost 4 years. We are no longer in the CL and falling further behind in the league. We had a season where we finished behind Leicester. Wenger has spent money but we seem to look a lot worse than we have ever done under Wenger and the results are bearing that out. Was there any real footballing reason for us to keep him past last summer? The only reason for Wenger to want to stay was that he had no better options