Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours building that AW is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    We lost a game to the financially doped Man City, ffs. Everyone loses to them. This is a knee jerk reaction. Let him and Sven Munsilant build something over the summer and see how we get on next season. No point making snappy decisions.
    Good man Dick.

Financially doped. Like it.

We lost a game to the financially doped Man City, ffs. Everyone loses to them. This is a knee jerk reaction. Let him and Sven Munsilant build something over the summer and see how we get on next season. No point making snappy decisions.

Knee jerk.

That could only happen if he chose to retire / quit Arsenal (something we know he'll always be against). The only way for him to go this summer is for the Club to sack Him. Let's hope that we have a strong finish to the season (maybe even with a trophy) and that we let Him see out next year with us back in the Champions League.
    Or they could simply come to a mutual decision that he stands aside, no contracts being broken or no sacking as you suggest.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Or they could simply come to a mutual decision that he stands aside, no contracts being broken or no sacking as you suggest.

Just a thought.
    Well that is tantamount to sacking him, isn't it?

Ivan: Arsene, have you thought about standing down in the summer?
    Arsene: Absolutely not!
    IG: Are you sure? I think it could be for the best.
    AW: Listen, I have never broken a contract in my career and I don't intend to now. I can still offer this club a lot.
    IG: Well we're sacking you if you don't quit.
    AW: Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Just a thought.
    Nobody believes that sh1te, SW. Unless you're leaving that fateful meeting carrying the European Cup under your arm.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Well that is tantamount to sacking him, isn't it?

Ivan: Arsene, have you thought about standing down in the summer?
    Arsene: Absolutely not!
    IG: Are you sure? I think it could be for the best.
    AW: Listen, I have never broken a contract in my career and I don't intend to now. I can still offer this club a lot.
    IG: Well we're sacking you if you don't quit.
    AW: Oh.
    I still don't see why he should decide when he goes, he's on around £8m a year, it's not like we are a charity.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I still don't see why he should decide when he goes, he's on around £8m a year, it's not like we are a charity.
    Quite true. But He's not doing an abysmal job, is he? Just a little blip. Anyway, he can stay out his contract and we can choose not to renew it. I think/hope that's the way it will go.

Quite true. But He's not doing an abysmal job, is he? Just a little blip. Anyway, he can stay out his contract and we can choose not to renew it. I think/hope that's the way it will go.
    Little blip? We are progressively getting worse, we don't play decent football anymore... we are a distant 6th with absolutley no signs we can close that gap, our current form is abysmal.......... yep, let him see out his contract and see us drift further and further away from the clubs above us
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

He's not doing very well,
    and he didn't do very well least year either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Little blip? We are progressively getting worse, we don't play decent football anymore... we are a distant 6th with absolutley no signs we can close that gap, our current form is abysmal.......... yep, let him see out his contract and see us drift further and further away from the clubs above us
    Don't forget our embarrassing FA cup exit, our ridiculous performance against Ostersunds the other day pathetic display in the league cup final, the spurs game was also a joke.

I know Wenger has achieved a lot but you can't live on past stuff forever.