Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yesterday's match was very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    At most other clubs, they say 'he's lost the dressing room' and that is soon the end of it. However, at Arsenal I think he 'loses the dressing room' once or twice a year. The club just choose to ignore it. It's quite a bizarre carry on really.
    If we lose on Thursday, as we probably will, that'll be four defeats in five matches, which will be our worst run since ... er, the last time this sort of thing happened.

Paging LA
    Paging LA
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I suspect the whole 6th place thing is a massive part of the problem.
    Surely the problem is that we are hugely underperforming as a club and as a squad. For years now the only sensible argument against getting rid of Him was that the replacement might do even worse. I really think we have reached the point where that is virtually impossible and even if it did happen it would have to be much, much worse for it to make any real difference.

If you are going to finish 6th you may as well finish 8th, 9th, 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Paging LA
    Paging LA
    Groundhog Day innit

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/arsen...51uma7l801z1j0

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/...20160204105902
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Surely the problem is that we are hugely underperforming as a club and as a squad. For years now the only sensible argument against getting rid of Him was that the replacement might do even worse. I really think we have reached the point where that is virtually impossible and even if it did happen it would have to be much, much worse for it to make any real difference.

If you are going to finish 6th you may as well finish 8th, 9th, 10th.
    Are we? How does on judge that.

There is no divine reason why we should be above City or United for example, they would regularly outspend us so one would maybe expect them to have better playing resources who in turn yield better performances and results.

Even on a good day how many of our side would get into the City 11? None?

I think what has been evident this year is the abject level of performance which has happened too many times, yet amazingly we still find ourselves in 6th place and kicking distance of the teams who are clearly better than us.

Last Thursday, **** me. Playing a bunch of Swedish no hopers (sorry BGS) who were still pre-season. Then yesterday with a vastly different personnel and one player out of the equation by being cup-tied. There has been others this season also, away from home as the home form is what is keeping us above the rest.

Any team can fúck up. We now expect to fúck up.

By not performing we are underperforming
    QED
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

If we were fifteen points clear at the top of the league, they all would. That's the point; on paper, there's no reason we shouldn't be, or cannot be.

Except, perhaps, one reason ..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

There’s an excellent video on YouTube of Graham Potter going through all the tactics Ostersund’s employed when beating Galatasary.

Pretty in depth and well worth a watch.

It’s completely different from Arsene on French TV explaining how we play ie Ramsey played a bit on the right and in midfield and Wilshere was a little bit more forward and little hit as a midfielder etc etc

Not saying Graham Potter is the new Mourinho but you clearly ain’t going to be successful on any scale without any sort of plan or tactics.

Are we? How does on judge that.

There is no divine reason why we should be above City or United for example, they would regularly outspend us so one would maybe expect them to have better playing resources who in turn yield better performances and results.

I think what has been evident this year is the abject level of performance which has happened too many times, yet amazingly we still find ourselves in 6th place and kicking distance of the teams who are clearly better than us.

Last Thursday, **** me. Playing a bunch of Swedish no hopers (sorry BGS) who were still pre-season. Then yesterday with a vastly different personnel and one player out of the equation by being cup-tied. There has been others this season also, away from home as the home form is what is keeping us above the rest.

Any team can fúck up. We now expect to fúck up.
    Well, I think you can judge it by looking at your financial status compared to others. You can also judge it by the performance of your side relative to the quality in your squad.

We are not in kicking distance of City, they are light years ahead of us in the League. We are between 8 and 12 points behind four other sides who are certainly proving to be better than us. Two of those are Liverpool and Spurs who have smaller turnovers than we do and smaller wage bills. We are underperforming compared to those. THere is nothing about the status of the three clubs that suggests the other two should be performing better than us. Considerably better at present.

As a club I think it is clear we are under performing. Asa squad, I am witnessing performances from individuals that are nowhere near where they should be. As a unit we are all over the place in defence and midfield. THere is surely no question in anybody's mind that this group of players is capable of playing better than this???

Monty's gone very quiet during all of this kerfuffle. No stoic last minute defence? perhaps the bestowing of cancer on the few that called the old tit out years a go ?