Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yesterday's match was very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Even the Board must realise that any ****ing idiot could guide this side to finish sixth. So they could employ a manager on a fraction of Arsene's wages with no real cost to the club.

Sensible business decision....
    Well his own comments make clear that the players are no longer listening to him. He is not in control of his players, therefore he must go.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Even the Board must realise that any ****ing idiot could guide this side to finish sixth. So they could employ a manager on a fraction of Arsene's wages with no real cost to the club.

Sensible business decision....
    I suspect the whole 6th place thing is a massive part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I suspect the whole 6th place thing is a massive part of the problem.
    Maybe we could get into a relegation scrap? I’ve always fancied one of those. They look fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Maybe we could get into a relegation scrap? I’ve always fancied one of those. They look fun.
    I thought we might get close to one during 94-95...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's been true for several years though. It would seem harsh to call Him out on it now, out of the blue. What of loyalty, responsibilty?
    4th place was kind-of OK. Not perhaps ideal for the fans, but a lot better than 6th, and certainly from the board's point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    4th place was kind-of OK. Not perhaps ideal for the fans, but a lot better than 6th, and certainly from the board's point of view.
    I suspect another season of no CL coupled with the level of performances we have seen this season will cause some serious unrest on the top floor.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I suspect another season of no CL coupled with the level of performances we have seen this season will cause some serious unrest on the top floor.
    Bread rolls being thrown out of the window and raining down onto Drayton Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I don't see why. Hasn't the Premier League just arranged a new, improved mega-billions television deal with somebody or other?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Yes. It’s hard to see why there’s even a question over whether Wenger stays or goes at this stage. When one finds oneself forced to agree with the array of gibbering spastics on Fan TV, one must either demand one’s family has one committed or accept that they are actually right and that he absolutely must go.
    They were always right; their timing was out though. And possibly their tone.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Well his own comments make clear that the players are no longer listening to him. He is not in control of his players, therefore he must go.
    At most other clubs, they say 'he's lost the dressing room' and that is soon the end of it. However, at Arsenal I think he 'loses the dressing room' once or twice a year. The club just choose to ignore it. It's quite a bizarre carry on really.