Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Yesterday's match was very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is customary within any business model to ensure that one has at ones disposal slightly more than one spends. Its obvious really, whilst one wishes to maximise the spending power of the resources one has at ones disposal one is also mindful of ones responsibility to ensure that such spending does not place in an invidious position the long term financial stability of ones organisation particularly where the use of such resources, and the perceived benefits of the spending of those resources, is so closely tied to the very long term stability one would be endangering.
    Post reported to the Labour party
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

It was a very nice car......

when it worked.

which wasnt often.

Haven't you just made everyone's point for them
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Haven't you just made everyone's point for them
    The car made their point for them by dropping dead for no reason. I didnt even get a chance to say goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Not a weak excuse so much as it was weak to make an excuse out of it. A strategic disaster too as it convinced our players they weren't really good enough (because if they were, they would be playing for Chelsea or Real Madrid et al).

Or convinced those that were/maybe good enough to leave.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

The car made their point for them by dropping dead for no reason. I didnt even get a chance to say goodbye

I'm assuming that you have not bought a new Rover to replace the old Rover?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    So what we needed was more dodgy Albanians at £35m a pop?

EDIT: and it is false to pretend that we had as much money than them, even if we had a bit more than we spent imo.
    I never said we have as much, but we had a lot more than we were spending or willing to spend.

Essentially we tried to do it on the cheap.

FTR I think Xhaka is a very good footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I'm assuming that you have not bought a new Rover to replace the old Rover?
    Oh good god, no. the bloody thing went wrong fairly regularly and the garage asked me to find another mechanic eventually because they hated working on it.

It was a very nice car......

when it worked.

which wasnt often.
    Odd business really. I always loved my Land Rovers, drove them for years. My absolute favourite, perfect vehicle.

That was before the wife began throwing her weight about
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Personally, I thought that losing to Luton in 1988 was ten times worse than yesterday and that was with a team full of solid English types......and Birmingham tbh. You should all buck up and get a grip.