Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Wengerism

Wengerism

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he questioned the lack of injury time just before the end of his side's 3-0 Carabao Cup final defeat by Manchester City - but claims the fourth official asked him: "Why do you want more time?" (Telegraph)

He always wants more time. I had wondered about the added time thing too tbh but then it was pointed out to me that it was probably for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he questioned the lack of injury time just before the end of his side's 3-0 Carabao Cup final defeat by Manchester City - but claims the fourth official asked him: "Why do you want more time?" (Telegraph)

Not sure why Wenger wanted more injury time. The players had spent the previous 30 minutes doing their warm down. I'm sure that was enough?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Would you like another 2 years sir?

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Not sure why Wenger wanted more injury time. The players had spent the previous 30 minutes doing their warm down. I'm sure that was enough?
    Because unlike fans, Wenger has to care about the minutiae, such as the chance for one of our players to get the individual boost of a consolation goal.

Imagine if Wellbeck had ****ed one in from 35 yards in the 5th minute of injury time? It could have kick-started his season.

Yes, I think the key word in that post of yours being, imagine...

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Yes, I think the key word in that post of yours being, imagine...

Or simply a case of Monty not recognizing

Sarcasm-Sign-10-07-15.jpg
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman