Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who saw thon Old Grey Whistle Test thing on Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Coming true now. Sex robots.
    Oh, is that what he was on about. I didn't realise

Fair enough, but is it sex robots or actually robotic sex he means? Hmm..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, he was a very decent display pilot, actually. Tricky aeroplanbe to show well, the Harvard. wd gn.

Always used to make me chuckle seeing him turned out in flying suit and RAF boots complete with eteliner.
    Ladies and gentlemen, the Eighties
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, the Eighties
    Well, late 90s / early 00s, really.

Always accompanied by a glamourous lady, as well. Flying suit and 6" heels.

Well, late 90s / early 00s, really.

Always accompanied by a glamourous lady, as well. Flying suit and 6" heels.
    Phwoar!

The song is from '79; definitively slap-bang in the middle of the 80's.

The song is from '79; definitively slap-bang in the middle of the 80's.
    Amazing when that song turned up on TOTP. Went out and bought it the next day.

Yes, he was a very decent display pilot, actually. Tricky aeroplanbe to show well, the Harvard. wd gn.

Always used to make me chuckle seeing him turned out in flying suit and RAF boots complete with eteliner.
    There was a B-side, 'Complex', that was on my local's juke box. I heard it when I was stoned on some old fashioned Red Leb and it went straight into the neural pathways and I listened to nothing else for about a week. I listened to it again recently and immediately felt that strange eeriness the song would trigger 40 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Amazing when that song turned up on TOTP. Went out and bought it the next day.
    Absolutely! And in other vintage pop news, Soft Cell are reforming for a one-off concert. Terrific.

Gary Numan was fúcking brilliant. There, I've said it. I toddles straight off and bought his new LP. Marvellous stuff.
    I saw it. There was nowhere near enough Little Feat for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I saw it. There was nowhere near enough Little Feat for my liking.
    Oh, they're good. They did "Bonita Applebum."

Oh, they're good. They did "Bonita Applebum."
    Never mind that. ‘Willin’ and ‘Dixie Chicken’