Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who saw thon Old Grey Whistle Test thing on Friday?

Who saw thon Old Grey Whistle Test thing on Friday?

Gary Numan was fúcking brilliant. There, I've said it. I toddles straight off and bought his new LP. Marvellous stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Gary Numan was fúcking brilliant. There, I've said it. I toddles straight off and bought his new LP. Marvellous stuff.
    I watched some of it and gave up tbh. "And here's some auld fella with a rather dull acoustic number." repeat till fade. I missed Gary Numan though.

I have it recorded, 2-3 different programmes. Wd Sky+.

Was this old GN footage or new music?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have a couple of progs on The Who recorded from the weekend.

Savin' 'em up, for Friday night.

Was this old GN footage or new music?
    There was some old footage but not enough - it was mainly studio stuff. Numan did an old one plus a new song called 'My Name Is Ruin' which I thought was fantastic. There was other good stuuf - Richard Thompson, Albert Lee and Peter Frampton, for example. Grand stuff. I was pretty pissed, mind.

There was some old footage but not enough - it was mainly studio stuff. Numan did an old one plus a new song called 'My Name Is Ruin' which I thought was fantastic. There was other good stuuf - Richard Thompson, Albert Lee and Peter Frampton, for example. Grand stuff. I was pretty pissed, mind.

You must have still been pretty pissed yesterday if you thought that was a foul.

Sorry.

I expect others to defend the indefensible, not you. PRSB will be along soon to argue the Sane offside one.

In respect of GN his better known efforts from “the day” were quite superb, the obvious solo and Tubeway Army singles. Simply brilliant.

You must have still been pretty pissed yesterday if you thought that was a foul.

Sorry.

I expect others to defend the indefensible, not you. PRSB will be along soon to argue the Sane offside one.

In respect of GN his better known efforts from “the day” were quite superb, the obvious solo and Tubeway Army singles. Simply brilliant.
    A true pioneer, was Gary.

I used to see him regularly on the circuit when he displayed his Harvard. He was always shy but charming. I have a soft spot for Gary.

A true pioneer, was Gary.

I used to see him regularly on the circuit when he displayed his Harvard. He was always shy but charming. I have a soft spot for Gary.
    A pilot too, isn't he? Or is that what you mean?

I love his song about electric friends.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

Coming true now. Sex robots.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

Yes, he was a very decent display pilot, actually. Tricky aeroplanbe to show well, the Harvard. wd gn.

Always used to make me chuckle seeing him turned out in flying suit and RAF boots complete with eteliner.