Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mustafi was ****ing diabolical on that first goal. Chambers got done in exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well he was in the correct position to head the ball clear, which is his primary concern. Aguero took that position from him, not by going shoulder to shoulder or by challenging him for the ball, but by pushing him in the back. Have I been hallucinating, or something?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Correct. Nothing wrong with that.

The bit where he pushed him in the back. Anything wrong with that?
    If an attacking player stands still and the defender backs into the attacker, the attacker has done no wrong, sc
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

It’s not a foul. Quite why you are getting so fixated on one incident in 90 minutes I have no idea, our defence was god awful all game.

So you're saying that Aguero didn't push him in the back? It certainly looked that way to me. Perhaps I imagined it.

Stating the truth is not being obtuse, my dear fellow. Failing to mindlessly engage with the 'Mustafi is rubbish and the incident looked embarrassing therefore it must have been Mustafi's fault' isn't argumentative.
    I have not said that.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Sorry, sc. That is never, ever a foul.

What it was, was worse than school-boy defending.

Edit - just rewatched, Aguero didn't push Mustafi, he stood his ground.
    3m 11s https://www.arsenal.com/news/carabao...al-match-video
    Look at the positioning on the goal kick. Amateurish.

Quote Originally Posted by taxman10 View Post
    It’s not a foul. Quite why you are getting so fixated on one incident in 90 minutes I have no idea, our defence was god awful all game.
    Oh, we were remarkably poor. Embarrassingly bad. Awful in many, many ways.

But that doesn't change the truth. Facts are not altered by the accepted narrative.

I disagree about the first goal. If Mustafi was confident he was under the flight of the ball, Aguero running goal-side is irrelevant. Mustafi can simply stand his ground and head the ball away. Aguero pushing him in the back, however gently, knocks him from under the ball and is a foul. It doesn't look good, I grant you. But it is a foul.

I'm assuming that you are doing this for sh*ts and giggles or you may well be having a senior moment. I can't tell which.

It was not a foul and Mustafi was caught under the ball. His starting position was f*cking dreadful to begin with.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman