Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hold on to your bóllocks boys. -16 and three feet of snow next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My boiler keeps quitting and I have to walk out into a field to reset it. It was chilly enough this morning in my wellies and dressing gown at -1...
    Would it not be prudent for a man of your means to have a man out to look at said boiler especially in the face of this inclement weather.

Not this time, p. You'll definitely have snow. The northeast is really going to cop it.
    How much they saying for Manchester and when? I'm down in London on Monday and would like to get back

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Would it not be prudent for a man of your means to have a man out to look at said boiler especially in the face of this inclement weather.
    There's been a man out to look at it every day this week. They have rebuilt the whole thing. The problem appears to be a small leak in a pipe, either under the floorboards or whithin a wall. It doesn't seem the ideal time to start ripping the house apart to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    How much they saying for Manchester and when? I'm down in London on Monday and would like to get back
    Ooh, you do not want to be travelling imo.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    They're not sure how much will reach the west yet, but by Tuesday you'll definitely have snow.

There's been a man out to look at it every day this week. They have rebuilt the whole thing. The problem appears to be a small leak in a pipe, either under the floorboards or whithin a wall. It doesn't seem the ideal time to start ripping the house apart to find it.
    No, maybe not.

Perhaps Herbie could swing by your next weekend. He could fix your pipes and in return you could afford him room and sustenance. You could banter on terrace experiences of the 70s, him clearing all and sundry in front of him, you hid up by the jacks at the back of the North Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ooh, you do not want to be travelling imo.
    Thanks, b

This from a metman:

"If you still think it wont be cold, think again... On Wednesday it will feel more like -10C in the wind, followed by a incredibly cold & frosty night with significant wind chill. Wherever snow lies, expect wind chill to feel as low as -20C."
    So.. it will 'feel' like -10 or -20. Not really the same thing is it.

I mean, I feel as though you are a bit of a **** but it doesn't necessarily mean that you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So.. it will 'feel' like -10 or -20. Not really the same thing is it.

I mean, I feel as though you are a bit of a **** but it doesn't necessarily mean that you are.
    Yes, I thought that. It's science gone mad, isn't it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    No, maybe not.

Perhaps Herbie could swing by your next weekend. He could fix your pipes and in return you could afford him room and sustenance. You could banter on terrace experiences of the 70s, him clearing all and sundry in front of him, you hid up by the jacks at the back of the North Bank.
    And I can fire one up his missus while I'm there