Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hold on to your bóllocks boys. -16 and three feet of snow next week.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, I thought that. It's science gone mad, isn't it.
    It always feels colder here than most other places. I can remember walking round Krakow in -12 and thinking it was nowhere near as cold as home. That said, I was ****ing pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    And I can fire one up his missus while I'm there
    I could have bet €10 on your lowering off the tone.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I could have bet €10 on your lowering off the tone.

Not sure the bookies would have given you any odds. Herbs only has one setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It always feels colder here than most other places. I can remember walking round Krakow in -12 and thinking it was nowhere near as cold as home. That said, I was ****ing pissed.
    I once had a Slovakian girlfriend who would complain throughout the winter (actually pretty much all the time) that London was "colder" than the temperature would suggest and much colder than her homeland. Living in a similar part of the world I can understand what she means. It's -2 here but doesn't feel "too" cold. She was a right bitch though

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I once had a Slovakian girlfriend who would complain throughout the winter (actually pretty much all the time) that London was "colder" than the temperature would suggest and much colder than her homeland. Living in a similar part of the world I can understand what she means. It's -2 here but doesn't feel "too" cold. She was a right bitch though

Wind chill is something that Britain genuinely excels at, like binge drinking and standing on the correct side of an escalator. I suppose you miss out on these things being abroad (apart from the binge drinking).

Wind chill is something that Britain genuinely excels at, like binge drinking and standing on the correct side of an escalator. I suppose you miss out on these things being abroad (apart from the binge drinking).
    Shouting at people to "stand on the right, please" while thundering down the fast lane is one of the more joyous aspects of tube travel. Along with smell of the tunnels, the glazed, dirty steps, and the squeal of the rails as the southbound train approaches Chalk Farm.

Not sure if the provincial sorts get it, though.

To be fair to LAs former ladyfriend
    IT does get colder going from Archway to Highgate
    Colder still on the way to Muswell Hill Broadway
    And as for High Barnet...
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Shouting at people to "stand on the right, please" while thundering down the fast lane is one of the more joyous aspects of tube travel. Along with smell of the tunnels, the glazed, dirty steps, and the squeal of the rails as the southbound train approaches Chalk Farm.

Not sure if the provincial sorts get it, though.
    THe tube is a wonderful relic of the old britain that is disappearing too quickly. So many of the things that were commonplace in my youth have disappeared- trade unionism, adequate public libraries, speed. It is nice to know that the tube is still somehow creaking along, smelling foul and looking far more dangerous than it actually is. Bravo, TfL.

Now... does anyone know where I can get some speed?

Just wack an E down yer go p. I could never really

THe tube is a wonderful relic of the old britain that is disappearing too quickly. So many of the things that were commonplace in my youth have disappeared- trade unionism, adequate public libraries, speed. It is nice to know that the tube is still somehow creaking along, smelling foul and looking far more dangerous than it actually is. Bravo, TfL.

Now... does anyone know where I can get some speed?
    tell the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    tell the difference
    A world of difference between MDMA and amphetamine. One makes you love everybody and the other makes you want to chew your own face off.