Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Something troubles me about this group of young players.

Something troubles me about this group of young players.

Iwobi, Maitland-Niles, Nelson, Willock; they all seem to affect a sort of round-shouldered, languid style, as if to project an image of... what? Gangsta cool? One assumes that everything they do in training is still timed, but they look apathetic.

Not, of course, that that's the main thing we have to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Iwobi, Maitland-Niles, Nelson, Willock; they all seem to affect a sort of round-shouldered, languid style, as if to project an image of... what? Gangsta cool? One assumes that everything they do in training is still timed, but they look apathetic.

I thought that about AMN last night, just wandering about with no real purpose.

The accusation or suggestion of apathy has been levelled at most of the first team squad this season.

Well that's because the guvnor's a soppy old french tit they fear their less

their own own grannies. See if I was the boss c, each day at training would be full of good loud ****ings and the occasional dry slap for any transgressors with transgression being defined as anything I don't like the look of.

You'd soon see all traces of slopey shouldered apathy disappear from the club and be replaced by the grim and steely demeanour that characterised centre forwards in the pre-war years.

You score a goal? You celebrate with a single manly punch of the air. You snap your ankle? You play on until the physio orders you off for treatment then you spark up a Capstan Full Strength on the treatment table and tell the doc to "gitta fackin move on!" so you can get back out for the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    their own own grannies. See if I was the boss c, each day at training would be full of good loud ****ings and the occasional dry slap for any transgressors with transgression being defined as anything I don't like the look of.

You'd soon see all traces of slopey shouldered apathy disappear from the club and be replaced by the grim and steely demeanour that characterised centre forwards in the pre-war years.

You score a goal? You celebrate with a single manly punch of the air. You snap your ankle? You play on until the physio orders you off for treatment then you spark up a Capstan Full Strength on the treatment table and tell the doc to "gitta fackin move on!" so you can get back out for the second half.
    This is how we will be under Simeone's stewardship
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    This is how we will be under Simeone's stewardship
    Hells yeah! Each day at the Colney Creche will commence with a 6.00AM cross country run (bóllocks naked) followed by a cold shower with Diego prowling the shower block like a pit-bull dishing out vicious wet towel flicks to anyone trying to avoid the sting of the icy water.

I expect he'll engage the services of an ex-army barber to give them all a decent soldierly haircut too. Get rid of any of those silly girly patterns in their barnets