Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I see Stormzy has been trending on twitter because of

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Was there pirate radio 15 years ago?
    Rinse FM and Deja vu were the main ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Big gayer.
    You always have to go too far, don’t you?

Well that would be because Belfast Child nakedly stole the melody of the beautiful 'She Moves Through The Fair' and turned it into that heap of shíte.
    It's no good being all sensitive and precious about that sort of thing though. After all, there's more to music than copyright, isn't there. And if "artists" don't like it and want to make money, they should invest in small, local businesses like dear old Duff McKagan did.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Oh, I used to love old Delbert! As a kid, I didn't know any Windians, much less any of his sort.
    Me too. I do seem to remember finding it genuinely funny. Which is odd, as I find Lenny Henry about as funny as removing a sticking plaster these days.

It's no good being all sensitive and precious about that sort of thing though. After all, there's more to music than copyright, isn't there. And if "artists" don't like it and want to make money, they should invest in small, local businesses like dear old Duff McKagan did.
    It's just irritating when no-one mentions it, though. Like The Dandy Warhols and 'Bohemian Like You'. Nobody* seemed remotely bothered that they'd simply stolen the music from Brown Sugar.

*With the possible exception of m'learned friends working for whoever owns the Stones' back catalogue these days.

It's just irritating when no-one mentions it, though. Like The Dandy Warhols and 'Bohemian Like You'. Nobody* seemed remotely bothered that they'd simply stolen the music from Brown Sugar.

*With the possible exception of m'learned friends working for whoever owns the Stones' back catalogue these days.
    Was any action taken?

I recall they were very much on the case of The Verve with Bittersweet Symphony.

Me too. I do seem to remember finding it genuinely funny. Which is odd, as I find Lenny Henry about as funny as removing a sticking plaster these days.
    Yes, indeed. Genuinely funny.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Was any action taken?

I recall they were very much on the case of The Verve with Bittersweet Symphony.
    I don't know, actually. I can't imagine they wouldn't have sued if they could have.

Oh, I was through the whole Rare Groove and early Hip-Hop eras; long since weary pointing these things out. Thing is, my siblings were my age about fifteen years earlier than me, if you follow, so I had grown up with the radio on all the time playing the "originals".

Red "Oh, I used to love old Delbert! As a kid, I didn't know any Windians, much less any of his sort."

I knew a few red
    Delbert parodied yer typical flash one
    10 characters? Pile of cund.