Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: That Trudeau chap is great. He seems to have spent his last week or so

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You have to speak to HR about your issues. They interview to establish whether you are a modern day Hitler.

THe woman who has to interview me knows me quite well and is dreading the meeting. With good reason
    And what if it turns out you are a modern day Hitler? Or at least your unconscious self is? Can you be sacked for being an unconscious Hitler?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I knew someone who thought he was a character in 'A Christmas Carol'
    And now the wife has just chipped in from the cheap seats; "You mean Barry White?"
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Surely Canadians must cringe with embarrassment every time that cünt appears in public. I would find him much more embarrassing to have representing me on the world stage than Donald Trump.
    Yes I am not very fond of him.
    Canada have taken this 'we are the opposite of the US' stuff way to far.
    it's very boring.

And what if it turns out you are a modern day Hitler? Or at least your unconscious self is? Can you be sacked for being an unconscious Hitler?
    That lecturer chick in Canada (Lindsay Sheperd?) was told that showing her students videos of Jordan Peterson without explicitly telling them that his beliefs are wrong and morally repugnant is akin to showing them videos of "Hitler....or Milo Yiannopoulos" and doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Yes I am not very fond of him.
    Canada have taken this 'we are the opposite of the US' stuff way to far.
    it's very boring.
    He just makes their nation appear incredibly effeminate.

He just makes their nation appear incredibly effeminate.
    https://twitter.com/ohalloran_k/stat...888960?lang=en

In theory, yes. I signed up to our 'Values' when I was appointed so if I was found to be in contravention of those I could be dismissed. However, they would have to prove that my beliefs were in contravention, not my unconscious self.

We had the same issue over the Prevent training after I not only failed the test but also acknowledged that I held extremist views. when we met about that I explained that some of my views on animal rights might be considered extreme but that in the main I didnt want to restrict myself to views that others would find tolerable,andwanted to reserve the right to hold my views however unfashionable or unpalatable others might find them.

They said I might be overthinking some of this.....

In theory, yes. I signed up to our 'Values' when I was appointed so if I was found to be in contravention of those I could be dismissed. However, they would have to prove that my beliefs were in contravention, not my unconscious self.

We had the same issue over the Prevent training after I not only failed the test but also acknowledged that I held extremist views. when we met about that I explained that some of my views on animal rights might be considered extreme but that in the main I didnt want to restrict myself to views that others would find tolerable,andwanted to reserve the right to hold my views however unfashionable or unpalatable others might find them.

I'd have thought you'd be right up their Straße on Prevent, what with your rank apologism n'all.

When in fact they haven't been thinking at all.