Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: That Trudeau chap is great. He seems to have spent his last week or so

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Well, precisely. THe first question is 'do you suffer from unconscious bias'- yes or no. The obvious answer is 'well I wouldnt know would I, else it would conscious'. If you answer yes you have to explain why you are such a terrible person. If you answer no they explain to you that you do suffer from it, you just dont know that you do.

It goes on like that for hours with a 20 question exam at the end. You can kind of guess how it develops from that first question.....
    It sounds nightmarish.

Are these people not familiar with the works of Franz Kafka, George Orwell or, for that matter, Joseph Heller?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Oh? You'll certainly have a decision to make there; I rather enjoyed your "Too weak to wánk, man. Too weak to wànk."
    Yes. That might be good too. Although the family would probably object

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. That might be good too. Although the family would probably object
    True. Sometimes families are no fun at all.

How about as a final remark on your death bed?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

It sounds nightmarish.

Are these people not familiar with the works of Franz Kafka, George Orwell or, for that matter, Joseph Heller?
    I doubt it. There is a woman here who has never heard of Bob Marley.

True. Sometimes families are no fun at all.

How about as a final remark on your death bed?
    Sounds like a plan.

How can you work in a University and not have heard of Bob Marley? Is there not a poster of him on every student's wall?

But back to this unconscious bias business. If you fail, what are you supposed to do? Go away and promise to work on your unconscious?

In fairness, my dad has never heard of Bob Marley. He thought people were on about Barry Manilow.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

In fairness, my dad has never heard of Bob Marley. He thought people were on about Barry Manilow.
    I knew someone who thought he was a character in 'A Christmas Carol'

How can you work in a University and not have heard of Bob Marley? Is there not a poster of him on every student's wall?

But back to this unconscious bias business. If you fail, what are you supposed to do? Go away and promise to work on your unconscious?
    You have to speak to HR about your issues. They interview to establish whether you are a modern day Hitler.

THe woman who has to interview me knows me quite well and is dreading the meeting. With good reason

I knew someone who thought he was a character in 'A Christmas Carol'
    Which reminds me, there is a bloke here who had never heard of Charles Dickens.