Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello :wave:

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    small flat bigger than what I have. it's quite simple really.
    mortgage is less than half what I pay in rent. bathroom is tremendous kitchen is new but poorly designed,
    40 mins train to my office. not bad.

Not buying for the sake of buying but from a montly expense point of view it makes sense to stop paying rent
    Good luck and so on. Don't forget to allow a fund for contingencies. You won't be phoning up the landlord when something goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Oh dear, sorry to hear that. Worth quite a few bob though now, surely?
    Oh yes - just grumbling. Long term, still a very good investment. Short-term, tenant just moved out without paying water rates for a year and thus inflicting debt agencies on me (she was told - rightly - that heating and hot water are included in the rent as they are covered by the service charge. Didn't occur to her there was a reason that hot was specified. Dumb tart

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Oh yes - just grumbling. Long term, still a very good investment. Short-term, tenant just moved out without paying water rates for a year and thus inflicting debt agencies on me (she was told - rightly - that heating and hot water are included in the rent as they are covered by the service charge. Didn't occur to her there was a reason that hot was specified. Dumb tart
    You pay for water?

They tried that here. People revolted, they scrapped it after 5 quarterly bills and gave us all (those who paid) our money back.

They didn't even nett off the grant they gave everybody to pay said bills.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You pay for water?

They tried that here. People revolted, they scrapped it after 5 quarterly bills and gave us all (those who paid) our money back.

Of course - we're not beggars

You pay for water?

So clean water magically arrives in the tap and poo is magically removed from the toilet in Ireland without a water company's staff, capital and running costs? Or do you just pay for it through taxes instead?

So clean water magically arrives in the tap and poo is magically removed from the toilet in Ireland without a water company's staff, capital and running costs? Or do you just pay for it through taxes instead?
    The argument behind the revolution was the latter and that enough stealth taxes have been imposed in recent years to cover said costs.

For the record I was not an objector and had no issues in paying the full debts arising from consumption.

The argument behind the revolution was the latter and that enough stealth taxes have been imposed in recent years to cover said costs.

For the record I was not an objector and had no issues in paying the full debts arising from consumption.
    You know who imposed all the austerity taxes, don't you?

You know who imposed all the austerity taxes, don't you?
    LA's sort