Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctors, lawyers, teahcers, intellectuals, businessmen, journalists:

Doctors, lawyers, teahcers, intellectuals, businessmen, journalists:

Know this. Change is coming. People's Commissar Milne is preparing a cosy bed for you in one of his new re-education camps. Of course you will have to work for your food, and the work will be hard, so not all of you will successfully graduate, but you will at least die happy in the knowledge that every turnip you have lifted increases the glory due to Our Dear Jeremy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Know this. Change is coming. People's Commissar Milne is preparing a cosy bed for you in one of his new re-education camps. Of course you will have to work for your food, and the work will be hard, so not all of you will successfully graduate, but you will at least die happy in the knowledge that every turnip you have lifted increases the glory due to Our Dear Jeremy!
    You do wonder how no one pointed out that saying things had gone a "little bit James Bond" might not play well when talking to an electorate who on whole think James Bond is well cool

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You do wonder how no one pointed out that saying things had gone a "little bit James Bond" might not play well when talking to an electorate who on whole think James Bond is well cool
    And furthermore, one wonders who failed to point out to him that going to war with the country's best-selling newspapers is unlikely to end well for him.

And furthermore, one wonders who failed to point out to him that going to war with the country's best-selling newspapers is unlikely to end well for him.
    To be fair on that, he already is and he is tapping into quite a large well of anti-media sentiment. And most Telegraph readers will struggle to make it to the next election

More to the point, he doesn't seem to realise that James Bond is actually the good guy. You get the feeling that Jezza's been watching Bond Films all these years hoping to see him cut in half with lasers/eaten by sharks, etc.

Just the most extraordinary message, wasn't it? No-one could have imagined it would play well to the great British public, could they? From which I can only conclude that it was meant purely to play to his base of dribbling maddoes who would believe him if he told them up was down.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    More to the point, he doesn't seem to realise that James Bond is actually the good guy. You get the feeling that Jezza's been watching Bond Films all these years hoping to see him cut in half with lasers/eaten by sharks, etc.
    Yes - I imagine him watching Live and Let Die and him getting irate how the white imperialist is seriously impinging on the lives of the downtrodden black man

Yes - I imagine him watching Live and Let Die and him getting irate how the white imperialist is seriously impinging on the lives of the downtrodden black man
    And fetishising and sexually exploiting black women, of course.

Which is, naturally, quite different to knocking off Diane Abbott and showing her off to your mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Just the most extraordinary message, wasn't it? No-one could have imagined it would play well to the great British public, could they? From which I can only conclude that it was meant purely to play to his base of dribbling maddoes who would believe him if he told them up was down.
    At this point I'm guessing that they don't actually want to win an election; they simply want to wind their cretinous supporters up to such a fever pitch of lefty hate that they either spark physical violence or simply drive a wedge of hatred and distrust right through our society, to shatter it.

Anything to bring down capitalism, eh Comrades?

At this point I'm guessing that they don't actually want to win an election; they simply want to wind their cretinous supporters up to such a fever pitch of lefty hate that they either spark physical violence or simply drive a wedge of hatred and distrust right through our society, to shatter it.

Anything to bring down capitalism, eh Comrades?
    I think it's starting to dawn on them that they can't win an election due to there being just too many sane people in the country. Given which, I think there's some truth to your idea. However, I think the most important thing to them is, was and has always been control of the Labour Party.