Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Posh/rich places that are ****holes

Posh/rich places that are ****holes

Currently working in Monaco/Monte Carlo, which in my view is an overhyped, overpriced grimy ****-tip. Does any other Awimber have similar feelings about places that are meant to be the dogs *******s?

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    Currently working in Monaco/Monte Carlo, which in my view is an overhyped, overpriced grimy ****-tip. Does any other Awimber have similar feelings about places that are meant to be the dogs *******s?
    London
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Wherebouts are you based? I've been about 7 times and usually stay in Beausoleil, which is technically just outside Monaco.

UAE. Qatar.

Actually, nowadays, Paris as well

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    UAE. Qatar.

Actually, nowadays, Paris as well

But Paris is a proper city - it's supposed have grime amongst the glamour (like London). The other two you mention are as fake as Disneyland - you can see why they appeal to tasteless people who like to think they are among the "elite" because they can click their fingers and have someone bring them some cheese and chips or some other ****. In Paris or London you have to work to find the best

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    But Paris is a proper city - it's supposed have grime amongst the glamour (like London). The other two you mention are as fake as Disneyland - you can see why they appeal to tasteless people who like to think they are among the "elite" because they can click their fingers and have someone bring them some cheese and chips or some other ****. In Paris or London you have to work to find the best
    I agree absolutely, but in the last couple of years Paris (and Rome) have been changed by a large number of, shall we say, refugees, who often behave quite poorly.

My last visits to Paris and Rome were both blighted by a degree of squalor I have never seen before.

I agree absolutely, but in the last couple of years Paris (and Rome) have been changed by a large number of, shall we say, refugees, who often behave quite poorly.

My last visits to Paris and Rome were both blighted by a degree of squalor I have never seen before.
    Haven't been to either for years - I wasn't that impressed by Rome when I was there anyway, save for the obvious sites/sights. And of course two of my trips to Paris have been for European finals we have been involved in

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Haven't been to either for years - I wasn't that impressed by Rome when I was there anyway, save for the obvious sites/sights. And of course two of my trips to Paris have been for European finals we have been involved in
    I like Rome, but you have to work for it a bit. We have to visit each year because the glw will only buy her gloves from one specific glover, in the Piazza di Trevi. She prefers the rabbit ones.

Coming into the Gare du Nord these days is actually a deeply grim experience. A few years ago, I had some time to kill before catching my train and made the mistake of wandering around there. It was extremely...errrm... culturally enriched. By which I mean it was broken, covered in shīt, 90% non-white and involved several enterprising souls selling meat that was being barbecued on upside-down shopping trolleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Coming into the Gare du Nord these days is actually a deeply grim experience. A few years ago, I had some time to kill before catching my train and made the mistake of wandering around there. It was extremely...errrm... culturally enriched. By which I mean it was broken, covered in shīt, 90% non-white and involved several enterprising souls selling meat that was being barbecued on upside-down shopping trolleys.
    I have many happy memories of wandering out of the Gare du Nord into any random café for a café cognac to get an instance hit of France. Wouldn't do it now.