Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Posh/rich places that are ****holes

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have many happy memories of wandering out of the Gare du Nord into any random café for a café cognac to get an instance hit of France. Wouldn't do it now.
    There are still some decent cafés slap bang opposite the GdN, but take any of the side roads and you're in downtown Dakar.

I like Rome, but you have to work for it a bit. We have to visit each year because the glw will only buy her gloves from one specific glover, in the Piazza di Trevi. She prefers the rabbit ones.
    A bit like her vibrators ....... allegedly
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    Currently working in Monaco/Monte Carlo, which in my view is an overhyped, overpriced grimy ****-tip. Does any other Awimber have similar feelings about places that are meant to be the dogs *******s?
    Knightsbridge.

Because of the billionaire boy racers burning around and showing off in their very very loud sports cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Knightsbridge.

Because of the billionaire boy racers burning around and showing off in their very very loud sports cars.
    Knightsbridge has always been full of ****ers, though, a, but surprised the traffic allows anyone to burn around

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Wherebouts are you based? I've been about 7 times and usually stay in Beausoleil, which is technically just outside Monaco.
    Is this similar to how you lived in Hampstead but technically didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Knightsbridge has always been full of ****ers, though, a, but surprised the traffic allows anyone to burn around
    Yes. Nothing more pointless than a sports car in a congested city. They drive up and down the quieter side streets. Well, quieter until they came along.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes. Nothing more pointless than a sports car in a congested city. They drive up and down the quieter side streets. Well, quieter until they came along.
    There's a fúcking great elephant here that everyone's dancing around.

They're WES's mates from the Gulf. Tasteless morons.

There's a fúcking great elephant here that everyone's dancing around.

They're WES's mates from the Gulf. Tasteless morons.
    Is it taste?

I would suggest more money than sense. Like the bloke who had his Bugatti parked in the car park area of the Mandarin Oriental, he was not a resident in London but it was there for when he needed.

The car had not been moved in over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Is it taste?

I would suggest more money than sense. Like the bloke who had his Bugatti parked in the car park area of the Mandarin Oriental, he was not a resident in London but it was there for when he needed.

The car had not been moved in over a year.
    If he wants to keep a car in London and is happy for that car to be a Bugatti, I don't see the issue.

No, it's the tastelessness of parading around Knightsbridge in a gold wrapped Ferrari that upsets me.

None of my business, of course.

None of my business, of course.
    It is if you have to listen to it. Assault on the eardrums innit?