Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you breakfast whilst on the road?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, but then you order it and she says 'Bubble's off, luv!' while not looking at you.

It's part of the ritual.
    But then you need a back up plan. Will you order an extra fried slice to make up for it, or tentatively request fried potatoes, chips, or, God help us, hash browns?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    But then you need a back up plan. Will you order an extra fried slice to make up for it, or tentatively request fried potatoes, chips, or, God help us, hash browns?
    Chips are your safe bet. If you order hash browns, she might give you 'the look' and say something scornful about how this 'ain't the Ritz' so that all the common men can laugh at you.

Recently I'm right off the McMuffin. The Burger King equivalent is garbage. Little Chef is obviously the best option, but that means leaving the motorway and following the correct ley lines to find one. Places like Costa with their so-called 'breakfast paninis' can do one.

Service stations used to have a trucker's area where you'd get a proper breakfast. Now there is fúck all and one must eat before leaving home.
    Virgin Railways buffet car

You and your Dublin sophisticate ways.
    I had this just a few weeks back.

Crispy Pulled Pork
    with a Potato & Onion Hash, Black Pudding, Relish, Fried Egg, Hollandaise Sauce(1,2,3,13)

The numbers at the end are something for benders.

Chips are your safe bet. If you order hash browns, she might give you 'the look' and say something scornful about how this 'ain't the Ritz' so that all the common men can laugh at you.
    Yes, in these places I already feel somewhat conspicuous. I never know what to do with my top hat while I'm standing at the counter

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Virgin Railways buffet car
    Licence gone, p? Just a few ales, was it? Bad luck mate.

If they're out of hash browns ask if the head chef can knock up a side order of devilled kidneys instead
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    If they're out of hash browns ask if the head chef can knock up a side order of devilled kidneys instead
    I fúcking love devilled kidneys. To be fair, I love devilled anythings really.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I had this just a few weeks back.

Crispy Pulled Pork
    with a Potato & Onion Hash, Black Pudding, Relish, Fried Egg, Hollandaise Sauce(1,2,3,13)

The numbers at the end are something for benders.
    But for me, the joys of breakfast in Ireland are the availability of white pudding and farls with your fry up.

Licence gone, p? Just a few ales, was it? Bad luck mate.
    Just easier to get to London and back in a day, does mean a few ales on the way back as well