Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you breakfast whilst on the road?

Where do you breakfast whilst on the road?

Recently I'm right off the McMuffin. The Burger King equivalent is garbage. Little Chef is obviously the best option, but that means leaving the motorway and following the correct ley lines to find one. Places like Costa with their so-called 'breakfast paninis' can do one.

Service stations used to have a trucker's area where you'd get a proper breakfast. Now there is fúck all and one must eat before leaving home.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Recently I'm right off the McMuffin. The Burger King equivalent is garbage. Little Chef is obviously the best option, but that means leaving the motorway and following the correct ley lines to find one. Places like Costa with their so-called 'breakfast paninis' can do one.

Service stations used to have a trucker's area where you'd get a proper breakfast. Now there is fúck all and one must eat before leaving home.
    You can use the canteen in the service station and be charged Michelin-starred prices for some bacon that looks like it's been boiled, some sausages whose acquaintance with a pig was brief and unsatisfactory for both parties and endless fücking beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You can use the canteen in the service station and be charged Michelin-starred prices for some bacon that looks like it's been boiled, some sausages whose acquaintance with a pig was brief and unsatisfactory for both parties and endless fücking beans.
    It's a piss-poor outlook ain't it?

Of course one of the advantages of using the A1 to go oop norf is the availability of the Little Chef. Early Starter, extra egg.

Oh for the days before we had motorways
    Wee van at the side of the main road.Bacon and sausage soda cooked in front of you

If you ever find yourself on the M7 outside Moneygall you could always pull into the Barack Obama Plaza.

There's a pwopah old transport caff on the Uxbridge Road in Hillingdon, which I experienced (albeit on foot) on Saturday. Wonderful place. They leave the teabag in the mug. That's how good it is.

There are still a few Little Chefs on the A1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    There's a pwopah old transport caff on the Uxbridge Road in Hillingdon, which I experienced (albeit on foot) on Saturday. Wonderful place. They leave the teabag in the mug. That's how good it is.

There are still a few Little Chefs on the A1.
    That's my plan for our April jaunt oop norf. Thursday afternoon I drive to Peterborough, v gets the train there after work. Friday at dark o'clock, off up the A1 to Early Starter heaven. OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED!

That's my plan for our April jaunt oop norf. Thursday afternoon I drive to Peterborough, v gets the train there after work. Friday at dark o'clock, off up the A1 to Early Starter heaven. OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED!
    Does v partake of the Early Starter?

She does indeed. Just the one egg for her, though. She has a well developed sense of proportion.

Are you back in sexual predator mode?