Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This KFC episode is a bit of a lark. Thousands of ****-ugly fat people

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'd be too embarrassed to say the words 'Wicked Zinger' in front of another human, sw. It's bad enough that McDonald's got me to say 'McNuggets', but this is a line I'm not prepared to cross.
    They make you say “and co” here instead of meal

This is peculiar to Fast Food, though. No other industry requires you to embarrass yourself or talk as much shïte. Whopper, Zinger, a McChicken Sandwich, the McMuffin, the McFlurry, the Croissan'wich - I mean it's all just childish gobbledygook, isn't it? And yet we go along with it, saying these nonsense words and being infantilised EVEN THOUGH WE'RE THE CUSTOMER!

It makes me cross, sw.
    It's the product name so you have to go along with it.

Not massively different to a cappucino or latte or flat white. In fact I was in one of these temples of ****ery recently where having ordered a coffee they asked my Mrs for her name, then proceeded a few minutes later to shout out that her coffee was ready using her name. She was stood there, waiting.

Now that made me cross.

This is peculiar to Fast Food, though. No other industry requires you to embarrass yourself or talk as much shïte. Whopper, Zinger, a McChicken Sandwich, the McMuffin, the McFlurry, the Croissan'wich - I mean it's all just childish gobbledygook, isn't it? And yet we go along with it, saying these nonsense words and being infantilised EVEN THOUGH WE'RE THE CUSTOMER!

It makes me cross, sw.
    'Filet-O-Fish', that's another. There's no such thing as a 'Filet' in this country and as as for the cringe-inducing awfulness of having to say 'O-Fish', I mean, ffs!

Fishburger's perfectly good, isn't it? Or Fish Sandwich? One can quite proudly walk up to the young lady behind the counter and say 'Good day, my dear. I would like to eat your Fish Sandwich' and she'd know what you meant, wouldn't she? This 'Filet-O-Fish' nonsense is quite unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    It's the product name so you have to go along with it.

Not massively different to a cappucino or latte or flat white. In fact I was in one of these temples of ****ery recently where having ordered a coffee they asked my Mrs for her name, then proceeded a few minutes later to shout out that her coffee was ready using her name. She was stood there, waiting.

Now that made me cross.
    The last time I was in a McDonald's, I simply used the electronic ordering doodah, which spared me the embarrassment.

'Filet-O-Fish', that's another. There's no such thing as a 'Filet' in this country and as as for the cringe-inducing awfulness of having to say 'O-Fish', I mean, ffs!

Fishburger's perfectly good, isn't it? Or Fish Sandwich? One can quite proudly walk up to the young lady behind the counter and say 'Good day, my dear. I would like to eat your Fish Sandwich' and she'd know what you meant, wouldn't she? This 'Filet-O-Fish' nonsense is quite unnecessary.
    She might think you are a sex case.

that made me chuckle

I just ask for McSalt and a McStraw and a McBarbeque sauce and McMore Ice until they basically just ignore me

The last time I was in a McDonald's, I simply used the electronic ordering doodah, which spared me the embarrassment.
    Simply? In UI terms (UX for Jorge) it's aboot 15 keypresses just to order one Big Mac. And then when it eventually arrives it's cold because the ONE person actually delivering has to serve up 12 portions of CHIPS and pour the dozen pints of fizzy acid before she can pick up the shrivelling burger waiting patiently in the queue.

I am not impressed with the new McD's system.

Ewww, no. One wouldn't want to eat the fish sandwich of someone who has been working in a hot and busy McDonalds for hours while wearing tight-fitting polyester trousers. Not if you don't want to be brushing your teeth with Canesten for a week, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Simply? In UI terms (UX for Jorge) it's aboot 15 keypresses just to order one Big Mac. And then when it eventually arrives it's cold because the ONE person actually delivering has to serve up 12 portions of CHIPS and pour the dozen pints of fizzy acid before she can pick up the shrivelling burger waiting patiently in the queue.

I am not impressed with the new McD's system.
    Yes, but they want to tempt you with their goodies, a. And, as I say, it does mean one doesn't have to speak to people or use their silly product names.