Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not really a fan of the Winter Olympics but it has been quite entertaining watching

Not really a fan of the Winter Olympics but it has been quite entertaining watching

That Christie woman repeatedly crash, get disqualified and get carried off the ice in tears. She’s an absolute train wreck, and a menace.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    That Christie woman repeatedly crash, get disqualified and get carried off the ice in tears. She’s an absolute train wreck, and a menace.
    Did exactly the same at the last Olympics, repeatedly rubbish.......although, i would say a couple of her DQ's have been more than a little harsh/fishy

I much prefer the Winter Olympics to the Summer Olympics.

I'm not that interested in any of the sports so I just want to watch something mildly entertaining. Sports like bob sledding, downhill skiing, speed skating and even curling are very watchable and enjoyable even if you never played them or particularly understand them.

The Summer Olympics has synchronized swimming and gymnastics with a twirling ribbon,

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

I'm not that interested in any of the sports so I just want to watch something mildly entertaining. Sports like bob sledding, downhill skiing, speed skating and even curling are very watchable and enjoyable.

The Summer Olympics has synchronized swimming a gymnastics with a twirling ribbon,
    Far more danger associated with most winter sports, thus makes them inherently more exciting to watch. Saying that, I'm just a sports freak and will watch pretty much any sport (notable exceptions being snooker and the ones you mentioned)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I was rather surprised to learn that part of the criteria in the points system for figure skating is sexual chemistry.

I was even more surprised when I then saw a brother and sister duo performing last night

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Far more danger associated with most winter sports, thus makes them inherently more exciting to watch. Saying that, I'm just a sports freak and will watch pretty much any sport (notable exceptions being snooker and the ones you mentioned)
    True. It also seems to me that there are less sports that I see where the first thing I think of is what kind of drugs they must be taking to compete. Athletics, cycling and swimming, as three examples from the Summer Olympics, I don't even bother watching because they are nothing but tests of who dopes best.

True. It also seems to me that there are less sports that I see where the first thing I think of is what kind of drugs they must be taking to compete. Athletics, cycling and swimming, as three examples from the Summer Olympics, I don't even bother watching because they are nothing but tests of who dopes best.
    Swimming doesn't get many failed tests does it?... Curling medalist failed a drugs test!
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I'm not that interested in any of the sports so I just want to watch something mildly entertaining. Sports like bob sledding, downhill skiing, speed skating and even curling are very watchable and enjoyable even if you never played them or particularly understand them.

The Summer Olympics has synchronized swimming and gymnastics with a twirling ribbon,
    Perhaps we can give up on The Arsenal and start supporting a Curling team? Curlingwimb

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Swimming doesn't get many failed tests does it?... Curling medalist failed a drugs test!
    I'm unsure over how exactly doping helps a Curler, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm unsure over how exactly doping helps a Curler, tbh.
    I should imagine like Beta Blockers helped snooker players
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar