Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So I have now become a victim of the LGBT agenda

So I have now become a victim of the LGBT agenda

Well, victim might be overstating it slightly. To the extent that my sister is bothered by her daughter's actions I suppose it could be seen to have an impact on me as I rather care for her.

Her daughter, who has been openly gay for some time, has just decided that she is a he, has changed her gender to male on Facebook and is now called James.

Her choice, of course, but it struck me that 20 years ago she would have just happily lived her life out as a gay woman. Her mother, father, grandparents, friends all accepted some time ago that she was gay, so why the need to take another step? Is it possible, just possible, that by going over the top on trans rights we've actually reached a situation where people are making changes that they might not otherwise consider? Changes that aren't really required at all and that cause angst and discomfort and inconveniences both family members and the public at large, just because they can?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Well, victim might be overstating it slightly. To the extent that my sister is bothered by her daughter's actions I suppose it could be seen to have an impact on me as I rather care for her.

Her daughter, who has been openly gay for some time, has just decided that she is a he, has changed her gender to male on Facebook and is now called James.

Her choice, of course, but it struck me that 20 years ago she would have just happily lived her life out as a gay woman. Her mother, father, grandparents, friends all accepted some time ago that she was gay, so why the need to take another step? Is it possible, just possible, that by going over the top on trans rights we've actually reached a situation where people are making changes that they might not otherwise consider? Changes that aren't really required at all and that cause angst and discomfort and inconveniences both family members and the public at large, just because they can?

The problem here old boy is a common one.Your thoughts on the matter are of zero consequence as it has nothing to do with you

I’m sick of it all. Metoo, transgender, gender fluid, vegetarians. They can all get ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    The problem here old boy is a common one.Your thoughts on the matter are of zero consequence as it has nothing to do with you
    Alright Curly? Still insane always and mostly drunk?

Um, yeah, it does have something to do with me. I can imagine my sister, for whom I care a great deal, might be quite bothered about it. As I pointed out in the opening paragraph.

Alright Curly? Still insane always and mostly drunk?

Um, yeah, it does have something to do with me. I can imagine my sister, for whom I care a great deal, might be quite bothered about it. As I pointed out in the opening paragraph.
    All good old fellow.
    Oh and if he/she is over 18 then it's nothing to do with your sister either
    Personally I care not one jot where a chap puts his Willy Wonka or indeed if he cuts it off or has one sown on.Surely it's all about the childs happiness?

Well, yes. Obviously that is the case.

Trans is made-up böllocks that allows kids to parlay their sexual preference into something much more exciting, exclusive and 'special'.

I also think people underestimate the extent to which declaring oneself trans is a power play Just think how much power this nonsense suddenly puts in the hands of bolshy kids. Suddenly, rather than being told what to do by adults, everyone must immediately dance to their tune, mustn't offend them and spend the rest of their lives walking on eggshells.

Is she going the whole hog and buying some meat and 2 veg from the butcher?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

All good old fellow.
    Personally I care not one jot where a chap puts his Willy Wonka or indeed if he cuts it off or has one sown on.Surely it's all about the childs happiness?
    Well, yes, but the question is whether or not she (he) needs to do this to be happy, or is she (he) doing it because of the reasons Burney nicely summarises in the post above? Is it just attention seeking, power seeking, narcissistic behavior that is encouraged by the current obsession (for no particularly good reason that I can see) with trans rights?

Knowing the girl (boy) herself, it would surprise no one if it was the latter. She lives in Vancouver, the politically correct capital of the most politically correct country in the world. There is zero question in my mind that this played into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well, yes. Obviously that is the case.

Trans is made-up böllocks that allows kids to parlay their sexual preference into something much more exciting, exclusive and 'special'.

I also think people underestimate the extent to which declaring oneself trans is a power play Just think how much power this nonsense suddenly puts in the hands of bolshy kids. Suddenly, rather than being told what to do by adults, everyone must immediately dance to their tune, mustn't offend them and spend the rest of their lives walking on eggshells.
    You presumably think body dysphoria is a real thing, though? (albeit a mental disorder that we would be better off treating rather than encouraging to believe is 'normal')

All good old fellow.
    Happiness Herpénis