Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I’ve been watching Nigel Slater poncingvaround the Middle East on telly

I’ve been watching Nigel Slater poncingvaround the Middle East on telly

Most of the food content has been miserably poor (he went to Beirut and didn’t eat shawarma, ffs!). However, the episode on Iran really gritted my shìt. There he was singing the praises of the place and saying how misunderstood it was - WHILE NEVER ONCE MENTIONING THAT THEY HANG HIS SORT FROM FÚCKING CRANES!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Most of the food content has been miserably poor (he went to Beirut and didn’t eat shawarma, ffs!). However, the episode on Iran really gritted my shìt. There he was singing the praises of the place and saying how misunderstood it was - WHILE NEVER ONCE MENTIONING THAT THEY HANG HIS SORT FROM FÚCKING CRANES!
    The glw left the room, such was the extent of my outrage.

I expect he swapped notes with that other renowned Iran enthusast JC at home in Islington before he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The glw left the room, such was the extent of my outrage.

I expect he swapped notes with that other renowned Iran enthusast JC at home in Islington before he left.
    I’m glad to hear I wasn’t alone in this. G also became quite tired of my outrage, tbf. But women don’t understand these things, do they?

I almost took to Twitter to express my disgust to him personally, but realised that would make me the sort of **** who does that and stopped myself just in time.

Honestly, though. The shít these people can overlook is frightening.

I’m glad to hear I wasn’t alone in this. G also became quite tired of my outrage, tbf. But women don’t understand these things, do they?

I almost took to Twitter to express my disgust to him personally, but realised that would make me the sort of **** who does that and stopped myself just in time.

Honestly, though. The shít these people can overlook is frightening.
    The point to understand, I believe, is that they're not misguided, delusional or engaging in cognitive dissonance; they're simply evil. Actively evil.

Consider the **** Corbyn. He straps the vile Abbott to his motorcycle and goes and sees, at first hand, the evils of communism in East Germany in the 1970s - then comes home and continues to work to instistute the same system in the UK.

That's not misguided, nor is it a mistake. It is pure evil.

Each night I pray, 'Dear Lord, send us a civil war against the virtue-signalling class warriors, that we may do your good work with our automatic weapons and our napalm, amen.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The point to understand, I believe, is that they're not misguided, delusional or engaging in cognitive dissonance; they're simply evil. Actively evil.

Consider the **** Corbyn. He straps the vile Abbott to his motorcycle and goes and sees, at first hand, the evils of communism in East Germany in the 1970s - then comes home and continues to work to instistute the same system in the UK.

That's not misguided, nor is it a mistake. It is pure evil.

Each night I pray, 'Dear Lord, send us a civil war against the virtue-signalling class warriors, that we may do your good work with our automatic weapons and our napalm, amen.'
    I dunno. You have to remember that a lot of them are just plain stupid. I don’t mean that purely as abuse, but as a genuine description of those who lack the cognitive capability to place their ‘ideas’ in any kind of context or examine them with any degree of objectivity. To stupid people, dogma is immensely attractive, since it provides them with an intellectual carapace that serves in lieu of actual thought.

This is why someone like Jordan Peterson has had such an impact. Simply by applying basic intellectual rigour and scrutiny to current dogma, he becomes terrifying to its proponents. They’re intellectually outgunned by the mere examination of ideas. That’s how stupid they are.

I dunno. You have to remember that a lot of them are just plain stupid. I don’t mean that purely as abuse, but as a genuine description of those who lack the cognitive capability to place their ‘ideas’ in any kind of context or examine them with any degree of objectivity. To stupid people, dogma is immensely attractive, since it provides them with an intellectual carapace that serves in lieu of actual thought.

This is why someone like Jordan Peterson has had such an impact. Simply by applying basic intellectual rigour and scrutiny to current dogma, he becomes terrifying to its proponents. They’re intellectually outgunned by the mere examination of ideas. That’s how stupid they are.
    Oh. I prefer to treat them as acolytes of the devil, as this allows me to fantasise about killing them with acid, fire and disease, which fantasies are the single point of joy in my existence.

My thoughts exactly. I was also a bit disturbed to have noticed him steadily morphing into a sort of gay Ricky Tomlinson

Being able to rationally dissect the dogma of those we disagree with is one step. Doing it to our own dogma is another.

I like to think I'm more of a catma type, personally.