Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a more depressing day than the 1st one back after holiday?

Is there a more depressing day than the 1st one back after holiday?

Would also be nice if people actually bothered to to do the things listed in holiday notes

and in fairness, I didn't leave much

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Would also be nice if people actually bothered to to do the things listed in holiday notes

How was the holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    How was the holiday?
    Knackering! 2 young kids, whilst they were very well behaved, still end up never actually sitting down and relaxing, bar the 2 hrs in kids/baby club*.

*Them, not me

The answer is to always have another one booked, so you have something to look forward to.

Where have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The answer is to always have another one booked, so you have something to look forward to.

Where have you been?
    Oh I have, 2. Unfortunately not until July (Montenegro) and August (Portugal).

Just a bit of winter sun in Lanzarote, pleasant enough but a few degrees warmer would have been nice

Oh I have, 2. Unfortunately not until July (Montenegro) and August (Portugal).

Just a bit of winter sun in Lanzarote, pleasant enough but a few degrees warmer would have been nice
    Well, there you go then, quit moaning you miserable sod.

Knackering! 2 young kids, whilst they were very well behaved, still end up never actually sitting down and relaxing, bar the 2 hrs in kids/baby club*.

*Them, not me
    Your own fault for having young kids this late in life. Should’ve got the ghastly business out of the way when you were still young.

That said, I’ve taken on two stepsons whose desire to see the dullest and most predictable tourist traps in Paris promises to ruin my trip there this May.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There's always something to look forward to. A glass of beer/wine at the end of the day. An episode of Endeavour. The Arsenal playing at home. The Arsenal not playing all weekend. A long walk across the varied textures* of the landscapes of London Town.

* Except North West London. Miles and miles and miles of metro-land and it all mostly looks the same, until you get inside the North Circular.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Your own fault for having young kids this late in life. Should’ve got the ghastly business out of the way when you were still young.

That said, I’ve taken on two stepsons whose desire to see the dullest and most predictable tourist traps in Paris promises to ruin my trip there this May.
    Disagree, got to spend my best years doing everything I wanted to do.

Disagree, got to spend my best years doing everything I wanted to do.
    Oh, that was what I wanted to do at the time, tbf. But I have to be honest, the idea of dealing with small kids at my age now fills me with horror. When you’re young you accept it because you don’t know any better and you have the energy.