Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LondonattratctionsWIMB

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That area is full of hipsters now, I understand? At least I'll have something to laugh at.
    Yep. I think you can get yourself a bowl of cornflakes for a tenner if you really want to enjoy the high life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It was art, mate. No different to watching someone singing or playing a musical instrument.
    I suppose the títtybars have all gone now, have they? There used to be a petrol station opposite one where I bought a quaretr of grass off a helpful chap hanging around by the pumps one night.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    A man after my own heart
    A heart which incidentally is not on your Hannibal menu

Seriously, booking the place is a wise move
    They told me they would give us complimentary champagne at the end. Fearful of being forced to drink some appalling Italian fizzy wine, I pleaded teatotallry.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Yes, but not that many people play pocket billiards at a gig
    I think perhaps some of the blokes were when we played at The Bell in Kings Cross back when it was a gay pub. (And when it was called The Bell. And when it was a pub, even.) They seemed to take quite a shine to us.

Also, pocket billiards is what the actual billiards was called when pockets were added to the table, and variants of the game became pool and so on.

I'm going here https://www.dennissevershouse.co.uk/ on Thursday. Reviews are polarised, some love it, some hate it.

Has anyone here had the pleasure?
    I’ve always been tempted whenever I walk past it. However, I do worry that it might just amount to poking around a weirdo’s gaff.

I mean Dennis can’t be completely normal, can he?

I suppose the títtybars have all gone now, have they? There used to be a petrol station opposite one where I bought a quaretr of grass off a helpful chap hanging around by the pumps one night.
    That would have been the White Horse. Trendy pub now, of course. I think Browns is still there.

They told me they would give us complimentary champagne at the end. Fearful of being forced to drink some appalling Italian fizzy wine, I pleaded teatotallry.
    I have seen you swill rough cider from a plastic carton. I have seen you lick discharge from a dead pig’s nose. This limp aesthete bit will simply not wash.

Sir C "They told me they would give us complimentary champagne at the end. Fearful of being forced to drink some appalling Italian fizzy wine, I pleaded teatotallry."
    Goes against the historical grain that does
    Champagne back then ?
    They ought to blend in with the authenticity by having a maid boil up an iron kettle and serve tea
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Burney " I have seen you swill rough cider from a plastic carton. I have seen you lick discharge from a dead pig’s nose. This limp aesthete bit will simply not wash."

Good lord
    The REAL Sir C sounds almost as rough and ready as Barry Bueno (our one, not the nonce one)
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I’ve always been tempted whenever I walk past it. However, I do worry that it might just amount to poking around a weirdo’s gaff.

I mean Dennis can’t be completely normal, can he?
    It might well be shíte, but it's worth an hour to find out, I reckon. I'm more looking forward to the dinner, cooked by shaky ol' Fergus.