Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Welbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The great thing about football is that even if your touch and timing are off, you can still contribute to your team by simply putting in a great effort. Make more runs, close people down, bust a gut, don't bother touching the ball, but he didn't.

I say again, he looked injured.
    You may well have a point - there were certainly a couple of balls you would expect him to chase that he gave up on early. Mind you is a bit nippy so I expect he was quite happy to be substituted as well

Napoli might decide to play their first team and sail through if they fancy it. And underestimating Krauts is a mug's game, b.
    Seems more like you’re underestimating Atalanta and Red Bull Leipzig

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Ghoddos? Yes he was quite impressive. They turned down a £5m bid from someone for him in the January window. Quite disappointing that he choose to play for Iran instead of Sweden. Him and Forsberg could’ve been a good combination on the wings.
    That's the one - didn't realise that about playing for Iran, that's a shame.

Some result for Leipzig last night

The great thing about football is that even if your touch and timing are off, you can still contribute to your team by simply putting in a great effort. Make more runs, close people down, bust a gut, don't bother touching the ball, but he didn't.

I say again, he looked injured.
    I agree. It's not as though he's in the team for his goal-scoring, is it. The whole point of him is he makes runs, closes people down, busts a gut and doesn't try to touch the ball too much; if he's not even doing those things, there must be more to it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You may well have a point - there were certainly a couple of balls you would expect him to chase that he gave up on early. Mind you is a bit nippy so I expect he was quite happy to be substituted as well
    His sort don't like the cold, you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    That's the one - didn't realise that about playing for Iran, that's a shame.

Some result for Leipzig last night
    Was quite shocked to see that. Although Napoli rested quite a few and you’re asking for it when you do that against a good side.
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 02-16-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Rating for Ghoddos?

Positively Noadesian work from la, there.

Would've poked his nose outside the dressing room and decided, on balance, he'd be better off spending the evening toasting his toes in front of the fire in the rub-a-dub.

#Welbz, I mean, just to be clear. Not LA.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Centre forwards? Yep - hate it